Home AMX User Forum MODPEDIA - The Public Repository of Modules for Everyone
Options

IR project example

Help :-) , I need to study a project example for controlling an IR device, any IR project will do.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    define_device
    dvTP = 10001:01:00
    dvIR = 05001:09:00

define_event
    button_event[dvTP,1]
    {
      push:{ to[dvIR,1]} // This outputs channel one from the IR file
    }

etc.

Have you gone to Programmer 1 training? Or any type of training? Or is this just a hobby? Do you work for a dealer?
  • Options
    khalidkhalid Posts: 9
    trying my best...
    jjames wrote: »
    define_device
    dvTP = 10001:01:00
    dvIR = 05001:09:00

define_event
    button_event[dvTP,1]
    {
      push:{ to[dvIR,1]} // This outputs channel one from the IR file
    }

etc.

Have you gone to Programmer 1 training? Or any type of training? Or is this just a hobby? Do you work for a dealer?

I work for a dealer indeed and I am waiting to have the opportunity to have an amx training. I am a C/VB programer and a webmaster (one of the sites I made: www.lordesvignes.fr) and have some skills in networking.

I have gone through all the amx documentation I got my hand on and got some understanding of how it works, and For now I am trying to figure out how to interact with an IR device.
    Thank you for your help and patience, and hopefully I will be one of the best amx programmers/designers in a few years :-).
  • Options
    PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    With AMX IR device's they function through channel events and commands which do some buffering and other useful things for you.

IR files are created (via capture or hex entry) with IREdit which you then load onto the device controller (using NLStudio, FileTransfer or IREdit). From there you simply tell the device controller to blast them and stop blasting them. That's it.

If you're new to NetLinx have a look through the NetLinx Language Reference Guide to bring you up to speed on some of the semantics. Also, for the commands when interacting with the device controller AMX PI is you're friend - find it in NetLinx Studio under the tools menu.
  • Options
    vijaykumarvijaykumar Posts: 18
    IR Program

Hey Khalid...just try..this example..

DEFINE_DEVICE

dvDVD = 5001:11:0

dvTP10001DVD = 10001:8:0
    dvTP10002DVD = 10002:8:0

VdvTPDVD = 36001:8:0

DEFINE_COMBINE

( VdvTPDVD , dvTP10001DVD , dvTP10002DVD )

DEFINE_VARIABLE

INTEGER nDynexCodes[] = {
    1, //STANDBY
    2, //OPEN/CLOSE
    3, //SETUP
    4, //DVD MENU
    5, //OK
    6, //LEFT ARROW
    7, //RIGHT ARROW
    8, //UP ARROW
    9, //DOWN ARROW
    }

DEFINE_EVENT

BUTTON_EVENT[VdvTPDVD,nDynexCodes]
    {
    PUSH:
    {
    PULSE[dvDVD,BUTTON.INPUT.CHANNEL]

}
    }
  • Options
    PhreaK wrote: »
    With AMX IR device's they function through channel events and commands which do some buffering and other useful things for you.

IR files are created (via capture or hex entry) with IREdit which you then load onto the device controller (using NLStudio, FileTransfer or IREdit). From there you simply tell the device controller to blast them and stop blasting them. That's it.

If you're new to NetLinx have a look through the NetLinx Language Reference Guide to bring you up to speed on some of the semantics. Also, for the commands when interacting with the device controller AMX PI is you're friend - find it in NetLinx Studio under the tools menu.

thank you kim, that was useful. especially for the links.
  • Options
    vijaykumar wrote: »
    Hey Khalid...just try..this example..

DEFINE_DEVICE

dvDVD = 5001:11:0

dvTP10001DVD = 10001:8:0
    dvTP10002DVD = 10002:8:0

VdvTPDVD = 36001:8:0

DEFINE_COMBINE

( VdvTPDVD , dvTP10001DVD , dvTP10002DVD )

DEFINE_VARIABLE

INTEGER nDynexCodes[] = {
    1, //STANDBY
    2, //OPEN/CLOSE
    3, //SETUP
    4, //DVD MENU
    5, //OK
    6, //LEFT ARROW
    7, //RIGHT ARROW
    8, //UP ARROW
    9, //DOWN ARROW
    }

DEFINE_EVENT

BUTTON_EVENT[VdvTPDVD,nDynexCodes]
    {
    PUSH:
    {
    PULSE[dvDVD,BUTTON.INPUT.CHANNEL]

}
    }

thanks vijay, I like to do some reverse engineering when learning a new skill, and this is what I needed along with kim helps. thanks to all.