Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

DENON AVR-2112ci module vs AVR-2113ci module/Unit

Has any one used the amx AVR-2112 module effectively with the newer AVR-2113ci unit? I am receiving strings from the AVR and the module is loaded, but apparently something has changed because the module isn't responding to the unit.
Thanks,
Gene

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Some of the new Denon's are using the Marantz protocol now (as are the latest McIntosh receivers). I'm using a Marantz module on my home receiver, which is a Denon.
  • I apologize the denon is a AVR-2313, just for clarification. I tried loading the Marantz sr-7005, still nothing. I can see strings to and from the receiver but no module function.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    geneavone wrote: »
    I apologize the denon is a AVR-2313, just for clarification. I tried loading the Marantz sr-7005, still nothing. I can see strings to and from the receiver but no module function.

Something else is wrong. I have a 2313 at home, and it's running exactly the same module as my SR-5007 in the store demo theater. I looked them up, and the 5007 (and consequently the 2313) use the same protocol as the 7005. Make sure you have that module installed in your code properly; some of those AMX modules can be fussy. I wrote my own just to avoid such issues.