Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

New R4 Formware!!!

The R4 has finally been revisited! Supposedly the new firmware addresses many of the quirks of the device. I'll find out for sure tonight!

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have loaded it on quite a few R4's, mainly for the fix of that bug that turns the dang things into a night light (back light won't time out). It's been recent enough that I couldn't say how effective it is. AMX can also provide you with a plastic bridge that will replace the spongy disc inside so the boards inside snap together better, and gets rid of that mushy button action that can happen when you take the cover off.

It's a shame though, that it's taken so long. I would like to be able to by a new AMX product, and have it be even 95% reliable from the start, but heck you have to wait years for that. I purchased a half dozen of the new X series panels the week they were released, and every one of them had to go back for replacement. Every. Single. One. The replacements were fine, but that's a terrible track record for a new product.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I purchased a half dozen of the new X series panels the week they were released, and every one of them had to go back for replacement. Every. Single. One. The replacements were fine, but that's a terrible track record for a new product.
    What were the issues ? same for all panels ?
    vincen wrote: »
    What were the issues ? same for all panels ?

Yes, it was the same. They all were registering random button presses when no one was pressing them. Good thing the homeowner hadn't moved in yet. I came to the job the morning after they were installed, and the music was blasting ... came on by itself. If you so much as touched the frame of the panel, it would beep at you with the button miss sound.
  • davegrovdavegrov Posts: 114
    Mine are not seeing the virtual Netlinx.

Any reason why mine won't connect to the virtual master? Firewall off! USB Cable and driver showing in device tree.
    davegrov wrote: »
    Any reason why mine won't connect to the virtual master? Firewall off! USB Cable and driver showing in device tree.

Double check the virtual master is on the same subnet as your device. R4's default to 10.0.0.1 (and can be changed in their own setup, so mind that too). Other panels use a different subnet (that's the only one I can be precise about, but I've run into it), so if you have gone between other panel types, you need to check it.
  • the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    Check windows firewall permissions for USBLan
  • truetrue Posts: 307
    Pray.

• Make sure R4 is docked before updating it; otherwise, it won't connect...
  • USB Lan

I have new firmaware for R4, 3.38 and I could not get it it load on R4 using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, didnt recognize the AMX USB Lan driver. So what I did was load it from my old Win XP machine and it recognized USB Lan driver and all is well. I dont want to have to do this when I want to communicate with my R4. Anyone else run into this? Btw, I was able to get this to work before when I had Win 7 Professional 64 bit then I upgraded to Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Any suggestions
  • yes I had it docked.