Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

NI-3000 cannot be connected

Hi,

We have a NI-3000 which cannot be connected via ip or rs-port. We checked the Conf. dips / baud rate.

After power up all the port leds run their cycle as normally, but after that both the status and input leds just stay permanently on.

CR10 flashes on the pcb. Removing the flash card has no change. We took another flash card from a working NI-3000, but no change.

The sno. is 210502X01180003, ICSNET installed.

Best regards,

Markku Metsovuori
AV-systems Oy

Comments

• Sounds like you need to RMA or replace it.
  • ColinColin Posts: 51
    Sounds like the dreaded Capacitor issue, if you search for it you will find it and the remedy, sorry but dont have the time atm to do this for you

cheers
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Colin wrote: »
    Sounds like the dreaded Capacitor issue

Actually no, it doesn't sound like the bias voltage cap on the Serial port that kills serial control but leaves the netlinx otherwise completely functioning....
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Both status lights going solid means the master locked up. Try running the master without a program (dip switch 1). If it still does it, it's RMA time. If not, you need to take a second look at your program and memory use.
  • ColinColin Posts: 51
    John Nagy wrote: »
    Actually no, it doesn't sound like the bias voltage cap on the Serial port that kills serial control but leaves the netlinx otherwise completely functioning....

Thank you for insightful reply, I'll ensure I do not offer any suggestions ever again

yours humbly

Baldrick
    Colin wrote: »
    Thank you for insightful reply, I'll ensure I do not offer any suggestions ever again

yours humbly

Baldrick

Overreact much?
    I think your diagnosis was off, but if that upsets you.... why?
  • MetsoMetso Posts: 11
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    Both status lights going solid means the master locked up. Try running the master without a program (dip switch 1). If it still does it, it's RMA time. If not, you need to take a second look at your program and memory use.

I tried this, but no change... I guess it is RMA time.
    Consider that this 3000 is at least 10 years old... and that a newer, faster, higher memory unit (3100) can be bought used for less than the cost of repair for your old one. And an identical one can be bought even cheaper than that. RMA is not your only choice.
  • John Nagy wrote: »
    Consider that this 3000 is at least 10 years old... and that a newer, faster, higher memory unit (3100) can be bought used for less than the cost of repair for your old one. And an identical one can be bought even cheaper than that. RMA is not your only choice.

I think I remember the capacitor issue being a lower flat rate repair, but I could be way off.
    Regardless, I agree with the above now that I think about it. Didn't realize used AMX gear was so cheap these days. According to eBay, I'll have to pay someone to take my like-new condition MVP-8400!
    The capacitor issue is a $150 flat rate repair these days. But that's pretty clearly not the problem as described in this thread, even though this problem could possibly be repaired for the flat rate too. But that same money buys a lot on the used market today. Just be sure to test a used one if you get it, you don't want to get stuck with someone else's junk.
  • Bah, I got this thread mixed up with another.

Thanks for the clarification!