Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

NXP-CPI16 Programming- Mimic Panel

Please tell me how to do the programming for mimic panel using AMX NXP-CPI16 module.

please tell how to do the programming for AMX NXP-CPI16, i am using the NI-2100 controller having ICSNET card.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    You'll need to provide more specifics than that. What specifically s the problem you're having?
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    This card essentially gives you 16 IO ports that work like the IO port 17 bank of 8 on the back of the NetLinx. The card also supports a "rotary" input, so you can attache something akin to the spinner of a MET6N or the one on the front of the 5200i and read it in the same manner as you would those controls.

The programming guides on the AMX website for the product describe how to read it from your program.

This is NOT a "panel mimic". It's a way to detect closures and/or small voltages and convey them into your program to trigger actions you choose.

We used a similar board as the middleware between existing hard button panels (ancient VANTAGE lighting buttons if I reacll correctly) that a customer demanded be retained to use for control keypads, and the custom home control system on AMX.
  • Hello Sir,

first time i am doing the programming for AMX NXP-CPI16 module. so i am little bit confused.

i am using the mimic panel as a hard button panel to control the BOSCH-DCN mics via AMX NI-2100 controller having ICSNET port installed.

so, please tell me how to do the programming for AMX NXP-CPI16 panel in netlinx.
  • using Mimic panel(hard button panel) in which AMX NXP-CPI16 module is installed i have to control the mic-on and mic-off function for BOSCH-DCN mics.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    I think you have entirely the wrong idea of what this unit does. It is essentially a relay and/or a sensor. You can read it or set it. You can't send data through it. Read the documentation.
  • can you please give me a sample of AMX program as an example, regarding the ICSNET port programming.

Ex- how to define the ICSNET port?
  • champchamp Posts: 261
    Phone your local AMX representative and ask for the contact details of somebody who knows how to do this. You are obviously not skilled enough to do the job yourself
  • i am not sure about the ICSNET programming.

that's why i am asking for a sample program of the ICSNET port.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    i am not sure about the ICSNET programming.

that's why i am asking for a sample program of the ICSNET port.

This is not a good forum for getting sample code. Everyone here is a programmer who makes their living doing it. Coming in and requesting free code is like saying, " I don't have the training or expertise for this. Please do my work for me so I don't have to pay for it." But, I'm sure one of the independent programmers would happily bid your job out for you.