Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Tips and Tricks

New Touch Panel setup mode

Hi,

I have a new Modero touch panel, and can't figure out how to get into the setup do define the master ip address and device information. Does anyone know how to do this on these new touch panels?

Thanks,

Comments

• Figured it out, there is a button on the top of the panel, just needs to be held down for a few seconds
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    On the new S series the sleep button is on the top left.
    To access the Settings Pages on the MSD-1001-L, press and hold the Sleep Button (FIG. 1) on the top of the panel for 3 seconds. The user will be prompted to release the button to enter the Settings page (FIG. 3).
    I finally installed a few of these and the sleep button is virtually impossible to find and use unless you know it's there. Once you know it's there it's then impossible to push by finger, I had to use a pencil or a small screw driver. Maybe it wasn't intended to be pressed by a finger.

They are nice looking panels but they don't seem to mount very securely either.
  • The default touch panel layout that comes on the X series have an invisible button in the lower right hand corner, once you hit it, it will take you to the setup page. You can also place your own setup button somewhere within your own TP file
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    You can also power cycle it and hold your finger in the center of the screen while it comes online.
  • chillchill Posts: 186
    mpullin wrote: »
    You can also power cycle it and hold your finger in the center of the screen while it comes online.

That's very old-skool Crestr0n. Who knew? Thanks!
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    That's been AMX standard since before G3 panels....
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    mpullin wrote: »
    That will not work with the X or S series panels.

To get into setup from boot up, you need to press the bottom right of the screen as soon as the three dots appear and before they start moving. You'll have about three seconds to do this. Although the S-series panels have resistive screens and the old process would be possible (see why it's not on the X-series below), maintaining the look of the panel across series was not the only goal.

On the X-Series panels, you must not touch the screen during boot up (prior to the three dots) as the panel is going through as self-calibration process and touching it can certainly interfere with that.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    jjames wrote: »
    That will not work with the X or S series panels.

To get into setup from boot up, you need to press the bottom right of the screen as soon as the three dots appear and before they start moving. You'll have about three seconds to do this. Although the S-series panels have resistive screens and the old process would be possible (see why it's not on the X-series below), maintaining the look of the panel across series was not the only goal.

On the X-Series panels, you must not touch the screen during boot up (prior to the three dots) as the panel is going through as self-calibration process and touching it can certainly interfere with that.

Since the likelihood of someone/something touching the screen during the "do not touch" period is somewhat possible, what design considerations were made to provide an override that takes you through even the setup screen all the way to the calibration screen? On the older panels you got there by holding your finger in the center even after getting into the setup page. I think it was something like 6 seconds after getting into setup.
    The physical sleep button does that now but they're not really a usable as sleep buttons since a user can't press it with their finger. Maybe on the table top model they can but you need a pen for the wall mounted. For a access to setup > cal > reboot they're perfectly fine.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Since the likelihood of someone/something touching the screen during the "do not touch" period is somewhat possible, what design considerations were made to provide an override that takes you through even the setup screen all the way to the calibration screen?
    Oh, trust me, its one of the more absurd things we tell people when they call in: "don't touch it during boot up". But sense we're talking about a wall or table panel and not handheld, the chances of it being touch inadvertently during boot up, in my opinion, should be small.

I don't know of any way to recalibrate an X-Series panel aside from rebooting it. It is my understanding that there really isn't a calibration process for any capacitive screen other than it measuring the noise and changing the threshold of interference to recognize a touch.

I'll ask around when I get back in the office tomorrow.