Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

What device do Enova video swiching SEND_COMMANDS go to?

I'm programming for a DVX-2100HD that I don't have access to yet.

What D:P:S do I send commands like CI and CL to? I'm having a hard time understanding the programming PDF.

SEND_COMMAND <DEV>, "'CI<input>O<output>'"

Comments

• Have not used the Enova DVX yet, but with the Enova DGX you use:
    i.e.
    Send_Command 5001:2:1, "cmd";
    or
    Send_Command 5002:2:2, "cmd";
    Send BCS Commands to port 2 of the Enova DGX

I am pretty sure it is the same for the DVX.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    It took me a little while to figure it out, too. The device is 5002, the port should correspond to a valid output, e.g. routing video input 2 to output 3 would be:
    SEND_LEVEL 5002:3:1, 50, 2; // 50 is the level for video switching, 51 for audio switching
    //OR
    SEND_COMMAND 5002:3:1, "'CI',itoa(2),'O',itoa(3)"; // I am not sure it matters which port you send command to but in my program I send to the same port as the output and that works

You'll get commands as feedback, on 5002:1:1, e.g.
    SWITCH-LVIDEOI2O3
  • travistravis Posts: 180
    ah thanks
    for the level event too. i didn't notice that.
    kind of annoyed at this switching ports thing
  • GregGGregG Posts: 251
    Also in the DVX compared to DGX sometimes you specify the switching layer by number and other times by name:

Send_Command 5002:2:1,'CLVIDEOI2O3'

compared to

Send_Command 5002:2:1,'CL1I2O3'
  • annuelloannuello Posts: 294
    And a heads-up: On the DVX-2100 you will want to queue your commands to the switcher. It won't cope with a heap of commands all at the one time. I queue mine and "release" them to the switcher at a 300 mSec interval for most commands. The exception is the VIDIN_FORMAT command which I put 3 seconds of "breathing room" on either side of sending the command.

This issue does not apply to the DVX-2150/2155/3150/3155 series.

Roger McLean
    Swinburne University
  • TUTechTUTech Posts: 70
    Where is the programming information located? What is the name of the PDF? I have the same problem. I have to program an Enova that I don't have access to at this time.