Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware Inspired Signage - Digital Signage
Options

Serial Power Control not work with serial protocol file editor

hi all,

i'm having an issue trying to use protocol create with file editor.

the system work perfectly if i'm using the build in procotol but not with the one i have create.

i'm using the web configurator schedule. it's probably the name use for the power on and off.

in the documentation found on the amx website explain hwo to create the protocole but when you use inspired software.

Thanks for help.

Comments

• Options
    If this is with the XPress / IS-SPX-1000 signage player then:

1) if you go to the Spinetix site there is a document on how to write the finite state machine file manually.
    2) Spinetix bundle a FSM editor tool with Hyper Media Director (their version of XPress) which allows you to interact with the device you are trying to control and makes it much easier to create and test the FSM file, especially if you are capturing responses from the device.
    3) there used to a bug in the AMX web tool that would add illegal XML characters in the file which would prevent the file from being loaded on the player - check the player logs to see if the custom FSM file is being loaded.
    4) if you are using the power on/off timer option in the player web config pages then the function names need to be correct in the FSM file.
  • Options
    RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111
    Problem Solved

I download an exemple for Spinetix website and i modify it with programmer's notepad. After some test here's the code who is actually working.
    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
    <!-- Creator: Paf Programmer's Notepad for AMX LLC - Inspired Signage-->
    <protocol xmlns='http://www.spinetix.com/namespace/1.0/spx' xml:id='test' desc='Protocol_NEC ID01' startup='start' target='monitor'>
    <state xml:id='start'>
      <onStart command='PowerOn' goto='start'>
        <write data='%c{1}0A0A0C%c{2}C203D60001%c{3}s&#x0D;'/>
      </onStart>
      <onStart command='PowerOff' goto='start'>
        <write data='%c{1}0A0A0C%c{2}C203D60004%c{3}v&#x0D;'/>
      </onStart>
    </state>
    </protocol>

I find nothing on AMX website when you want to use standalone timer of the IS-SPX-1000. All information is about using the command from the InspireExpress software.

Thanks Dave_UK for your post.

Best Regard,

Raphayo
    Dave_UK wrote: »
    If this is with the XPress / IS-SPX-1000 signage player then:

1) if you go to the Spinetix site there is a document on how to write the finite state machine file manually.
    2) Spinetix bundle a FSM editor tool with Hyper Media Director (their version of XPress) which allows you to interact with the device you are trying to control and makes it much easier to create and test the FSM file, especially if you are capturing responses from the device.
    3) there used to a bug in the AMX web tool that would add illegal XML characters in the file which would prevent the file from being loaded on the player - check the player logs to see if the custom FSM file is being loaded.
    4) if you are using the power on/off timer option in the player web config pages then the function names need to be correct in the FSM file.