Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware Matrix Distributed Audio

S4.8 manual, anyone?

I have inherited a Matrix Audio S4.8 that has no tuner modules installed. I believe the jumpers are set incorrectly, because I'm getting no audio off inputs 1 or 2.

Does anybody here have a PDF of the manual for this unit? Alternatively, can anybody provide me with the jumper settings for "no tuner" for this model? (it doesn't appear to be the same as the DAS models).

Comments

• The install guide documentation is attached. Please let me know if this does not solve your problem.
  • Thanks, Chris. It doesn't look like that manual lists the jumper settings. Is there perhaps a tuner module manual floating around somewhere?
  • I do not see anything specific to that model. Have you looked at the documentation on the Tango tuner to see if the jumper methodology looks similar to that on your S series board?

http://www.amx.com//assets/manuals/DAS-AMFM.InstallationGuide.pdf

Additionally, if you have access to Tech Support, call in and you will most likely be connected to the Cheney Washington team who has taken over tier 2 for Matrix Audio products.
  • Yeah - it's not quite the same. I'll have to play around with it, I guess.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I seem to remember the jumpers on the card were actually labeled with human communication instead of the usual "J1" or "J2" or whatever.
  • ericmedley wrote: »
    I seem to remember the jumpers on the card were actually labeled with human communication instead of the usual "J1" or "J2" or whatever.

I don't remember seeing that, but I'll check again - thanks!
  • banobano Posts: 173
    I don't remember seeing that, but I'll check again - thanks!

Put all jumpers in the off position to use source 1 if no internal tuner is used.
  • bano wrote: »
    Put all jumpers in the off position to use source 1 if no internal tuner is used.

Thanks for the response.

I have all of the jumpers removed on the piece in the picture attached. Still, I get very low gain through inputs 1 & 2 - almost like it's bleed-over. Is this the right piece?

I have verified the input/output gains on these two inputs.
  • On further inspection, it appears to just be input #2 that isn't working, if that matters.