Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

MXD-2000XL odd behaviors

I was very excited to work on my first MXD-2000XL series panels. But so far I am having quite a few problems and I am wondering if it is my panel or someone out there is having similar issues. Here are the problems:

1) Panel locks up once in a while. I called AMX tech support and they said if panel is too close to the power supply it gets all kids of interference. A reboot usually fixes it. The curious thing is that panels work good for a while, then it happens again. One lock up is already too many. 3 or 4 in 3 days... These panels are way too sensitive. They need some type of shielding.

2) I was demoing the panel for the first time to the end user and the lock up happened again, then the panel was moving pages by itself and did not allow me to do anything. It also needed a reboot. Got home plug in the panel, it worked for an hour or so then the ghost, moving by itself happened again. Another reboot to fix…

3) Page transitions are slow. It looks like the processing power and graphics engine on these panels are not that strong. iPad 2 running TPControl App is way faster and smoother than the MXD-2000XL.

I still have to order 2 more MXD-2000XL for this project and I am getting very concerned. This project also has (1 )MXD-1000, (5) MXD-700 and (4) iPad 3 running TPControl. Client was left out with a bad taste, specially when comparing the MXD-2000XL to the iPad side by side. Any suggestions or ideas before I call in for a RMA?

Thanks,

Ricardo

Comments

• Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    1) Panel locks up once in a while.

Our local rep bought a panoramic panel in to play with ages ago and it locked up while I was playing with the AMX demo pages. Our in house panel and a panel we have deployed to a customer site have yet to exhibit this behaviour.
    [...] the panel was moving pages by itself and did not allow me to do anything. It also needed a reboot. Got home plug in the panel, it worked for an hour or so then the ghost, moving by itself happened again.

Our in house panel was exhibiting similar behaviour caused by phantom activations on the touch surface (which would sometimes coincide with the location of buttons). Reboot and it would come good for a while. Firmware was released which was purported to fix the problem but didn't. We RMA'ed the panel and the replacement works fine (but appears to have been glued together by a horse and is missing half of the AMX logo on the front - but that's another story).
  • Options
    jsnyderjsnyder Posts: 23
    MXD-1000 no different

3 MXD-1000 panels
    1st one out of the box worked okay then video lockups and then the phantom touches (mostly upper left corner?)
    then too many lockups.

2nd panel working but video locks up :(

#3 still in the box.
  • Options
    PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Hey jsnyder, what firmware are you running? Version 2.104.x was released a couple of weeks ago and comes with a whole bunch of performance and stability improvements if you're not already running it.
  • Options
    jsnyder wrote: »
    2nd panel working but video locks up :(

I've seen frequent lockups/granulation when streaming content to X series panels from a third party encoder. I haven't been able to find an encoding profile that the AMX panel handles in a stable fashion. Have concluded I can't make it work and have moved on to other things.

Are you using an MXA-MP or MXA-MPL to provide video to the panel or are you getting it from another streaming source?

Does the third panel have any of the issues of the first two or is it all good?
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I was very excited to work on my first *** insert name of newly released product here *** But so far I am having quite a few problems and I am wondering if it is my *** insert name of newly released product here *** or someone out there is having similar issues.
    Thanks,

Ricardo

Ricardo,
    I fixed your post so you can just reuse it. I know we've all needed this kind of thing over the last 10 years or so with a lot of the new stuff...
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I had something similar with a batch of MXD-430i's. Stuff was actually turning on by itself in the house as they "pressed" their own buttons. They were brand-spanking new, I got them pretty much the day they were released. Every single one went back to AMX and was replaced, and I've had no trouble since. I keep telling my boss, never sell a new AMX product until it's been out a few months at least, but sometimes you just have to anyway to stay competitive. But that's the price you pay - you wind up a hardware beta tester.
  • Options
    I also had to send back 2 NXD-2000XLs. I have 9 Modero X Panels running on a project now, all have the MXA-MPL and they have been stable after the latest firmware update. Make sure you load the latest firmware, it fix a lot of issues. If you are still having problems, then panel need to be sent back to AMX.
  • Options
    ijedijed Posts: 28
    Here's an odd behaviour:

I tried out this latest firmware on a MXT-1900L and it stopped displaying anything that used the GuiFX LCD font.

Weird
  • Options
    ijed wrote: »
    Here's an odd behaviour:

I tried out this latest firmware on a MXT-1900L and it stopped displaying anything that used the GuiFX LCD font.

Weird

I think we've just run into the same issue at a site.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Might have to do a full TPD4 file reload. I did the upgrade on an MXT-1000 and my custom bar graph sliders and sounds disappeared. A full/complete file transfer restored them.
  • Options
    MXT-2000XL-PAN odd behaviors

Got the same problem with our touch panel. Shipped the touch panel in AMX USA for repair. Send it back to UAE and it work for sometime only. Again the problem happen to the touch panel.
  • Options
    touch panel is near to power supply

maybe the touch panel is near to power supply that's why it gets all kinds of interference.
  • Options
    tspoetspoe Posts: 32
    Just coming across this post as I am researching a similar problem. We have had to replace 3 MXT-1900L-PAN-NC touch panels due to phantom button presses. When we shut the system/rack down, a few seconds or minutes later the panel responds as if someone touched the screen. Firmware updates did not fix the problem. AMX tried to fix the problem but when we got it back we immediately experienced the phantom button press. We recently had to replace a 4th touch panel in one of the conference rooms because it also started up on its own. After trying many different scenarious, we're leaning towards the glass/screen as being the culprit, but can't say for sure. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

I should add that the touch panels sit on a desk away from the rack and the power supply so we know interference is not the issue.