Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Tips and Tricks

Text input, Keyboard entry,etc working parallel between multiple panels

Looking at options where text input button, keyboard entry and page flip via password protection from touch panel can work parallel between panels. I am not sure if there is an option available

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Page flip via password protection is done inside the panel, so that one won't work on multiple panels at the same time, unless you did it yourself by flipping the page in code when the correct password was entered. Text and keypad entries are all done through STRING handlers on DATA events, so there is no reason you couldn't put the panels in an array and work off the array event instead of the individual panel event.
  • tdewildtdewild Posts: 49
    You can use on both (or more) panels the same or different pincodecode/text stored in a variable to compare to.

Use KEYB- to find a keyboard entree of the internal keyboard
    Use KEYP- to find a keypad entree of the internal keypad

Do your stuff when it is wright or not.
    Something like this, fill it with your data.

DATA_EVENT[dvTP1] // touchpanel data event
    {
    ONLINE: { }
    STRING:
    {
    IF (LENGTH_STRING(TP1_BUFFER)>0)
    {
    IF(FIND_STRING(TP1_BUFFER,'KEYB-',1)) { find and compare to stored variable and do action }
    IF(FIND_STRING(TP1_BUFFER,'KEYP-',1)) { find and compare to stored variable and do action }
    }
    CLEAR_BUFFER TP1_BUFFER;
    }
    }

DATA_EVENT[dvTP2]
    {
    ONLINE: { }
    STRING:
    {
    IF (LENGTH_STRING(TP2_BUFFER)>0)
    {
    IF(FIND_STRING(TP2_BUFFER,'KEYB-',1)) { find and compare to stored variable and do action }
    IF(FIND_STRING(TP2_BUFFER,'KEYP-',1)) { find and compare to stored variable and do action }
    }
    CLEAR_BUFFER TP2_BUFFER;
    }
    }
  • Thanks guys for the posts. The scenario here is that there are two nxv-300s which has to work parallel in terms of text input. Now text input from panel keyboard and system keyboard shows only in the panel that was used and not in the other panel. I am also not able to see any data coming in the string event of the data event unless i press 'enter'.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Perhaps you might consider making your own keypad/keyboard instead of using the built in one. Then you could parallel the whole thing. I do this all the time.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    ajish.raju wrote: »
    Thanks guys for the posts. The scenario here is that there are two nxv-300s which has to work parallel in terms of text input. Now text input from panel keyboard and system keyboard shows only in the panel that was used and not in the other panel. I am also not able to see any data coming in the string event of the data event unless i press 'enter'.

To see it as it's being entered, yes, you are going to have to roll your own routine. It's really not as difficult as it might seem; the worst part is the keyboard itself and maintaining shift states, especially non-Western alphabets. But it's more tedious than difficult.
  • Thanks guys for the posts. Since the nxv-300 is accessed via PC(windows OS system) so that PC keyboard is used for the text input display, i am not sure how i can get 2 PC keyboards to show in the text input of two panels.