Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

G-4 Web Control Documentation

I am looking for documentation regarding G-4 Web Control. I have looked in the Netlinx Language Reference, the ENOVA DGX Instruction Manual, the WebConsole and Netlinx Programming Guide, etc. All I can find is how to enable G-4 access on my MST-1001. It is enabled. I can access the master via Firefox and IE. Firefox asked me to allow plugins on the device. I agree and get a black web page. In IE, I am asked to install and/or allow several items, but I still get a blank browser. I am beginning to think that maybe I need to load html pages, similar to G-3 procedures, but I can't find anything that describes this in any detail. I have a feeling that this has more to do with my computer than the AMX hardware, but I would like to know where to start. FWIW, I was able to "web into" a NXT-CV10 prior to getting my computer updated, but now I just see a black browser window there as well. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• travtrav Posts: 188
    An Actual VNC Client.

Load up TightVNC or RealVNC and connect directly to the IP of the panel via one of those VNC clients, I've had 'mixed' success with the webpage VNC plugins.

Of course, with anything, YMMV.
  • JasonSJasonS Posts: 229
    What version of firmware is on your master and is your PC running 64 bit Windows? The activeX control on the masters does not work on 64 bit machines unless your master firmware is the latest version of 4.x.x. Some of the VNC clients also do not work properly on 64 bit. I had to move to UltraVNC when I upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit.
  • zasadatzasadat Posts: 25
    Responses

Thank you trav and JasonS.
    My computer runs Windows 7 Enterprise, 32-bit.
    My master is running v4.2.379.
    My touch panel is running v2.106.05.
    I installed the TightVNC Viewer on my computer. I assume it should allow communication with the AMX VNC server on the touch panel.
    When I attempt to connect, TightVNC Viewer informs me that the connection has been gracefully closed.
    Either I need to make changes on the touch panel, or maybe my network people will need to adjust firewall settings.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance,
    Tim
  • zasadatzasadat Posts: 25
    Solution

When trying to launch the touch panel from the master's web control page, I would be presented with two messages. One message was in the new browser window, asking if I wanted to install an AMX control. The other message was in a separate dialog positioned in front of the new browser window. I have discovered that logic works with AMX control, but not necessarily with the interaction of multiple applications. When I was presented with multiple dialogs, I chose the foremost dialog to answer first. Subsequent answers would ultimately end in failure. I threw caution to the wind, ignored the foremost dialog, and answered the underlying prompt, agreeing to install the AMX control. Yep, it worked. In the future, I will try to remember when logic=1 and when logic=0. Thanks for your help!