Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Video Sync Sensing - AVB-WP-TX-Multi-DXLink on DVX-3155HD-T

Hello all

What would be your recommended approach on triggering some events based on video presence on the TX Plate?
The use case is a public multipurpose room, where random users would not necessarily need to use a TP or KP for standard presentation, but rather simply connect their source (Laptop) on the WallPlate and have the projector power on, and the video switching taking place.
Is the video signal presence being advertised (or queried) in any way? Perhaps a channel event or a non solicited status linked to the respective LED state?

Comments

• was there any resolution you had to this... I am curious as well
  • tdewildtdewild Posts: 49
    In a situation without touchpanel, I use it for automatic switching and control of a presentationroom if a 'VALID SIGNAL' event is found.
    I use a timer to shutdown after a while when 'NO SIGNAL' event is found.
    You don`t need to send a '?VIDIN_STATUS' request.

But keep in mind you can`t have HDMI and VGA to be connected at the same time, you need to plug and unplug the cable to get a event change.

When a touchpanel is used, I use the 'VALID SIGNAL'/'NO SIGNAL' event to indicate a valid signal is present or not, maybe they need to use Fn/F5 or connect a cable, you can also use 'UNKNOWN SIGNAL' if a non standaard resolution is found and display the status on the touchscreen.

On a wallplate use port 7 for the digital (HDMI) events and port 8 to get the VGA (analog) events.
  • thanks i think i have a future application... all the best
  • nickmnickm Posts: 152
    tdewild wrote: »
    In a situation without touchpanel, I use it for automatic switching and control of a presentationroom if a 'VALID SIGNAL' event is found.
    I use a timer to shutdown after a while when 'NO SIGNAL' event is found.
    You don`t need to send a '?VIDIN_STATUS' request.

But keep in mind you can`t have HDMI and VGA to be connected at the same time, you need to plug and unplug the cable to get a event change.

When a touchpanel is used, I use the 'VALID SIGNAL'/'NO SIGNAL' event to indicate a valid signal is present or not, maybe they need to use Fn/F5 or connect a cable, you can also use 'UNKNOWN SIGNAL' if a non standaard resolution is found and display the status on the touchscreen.

On a wallplate use port 7 for the digital (HDMI) events and port 8 to get the VGA (analog) events.

We've started doing this in simple *ugh* Huddle rooms, where a touch panel is overkill, and people tend to come and go relatively rapidly. As was stated above, I use the valid signal events to turn the system on, and then turn the system off after a period of no active signal. Our customers love the simplicity as it's completely hands free.