Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Christie LWU 505 IP Control

Hello,

Has anyone else been able to program this projector using IP? I have searched the manual for a comm port number, but none has been listed. I've tried 10000, 1025, and PJLink... all blocked by password. Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you.

Comments

• I know that I have seen some Christie units use port 3002 in addition to those you listed. Also if those ports are requesting a password, I have seen them use a password of '0000', on each of those ports. Not sure if that will work for you here, but has worked for me before.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Did you check in the setup menu of the projector ? I controled one by IP recently and you could configure IP port used in setup of projector !
  • vincen wrote: »
    Did you check in the setup menu of the projector ? I controled one by IP recently and you could configure IP port used in setup of projector !

Yes I did...you can setup the TCP/IP portion of the projector, but you cannot set the control port. There is an option for PJLink.. but it's password protected and you cannot disable it. This wouldn't be a problem, but I cannot figure out how to use some netlinx code to submit the password when it prompts for it.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    mjones2620 wrote: »
    Yes I did...you can setup the TCP/IP portion of the projector, but you cannot set the control port. There is an option for PJLink.. but it's password protected and you cannot disable it. This wouldn't be a problem, but I cannot figure out how to use some netlinx code to submit the password when it prompts for it.
    Did u check also the web interface ?
    Might sound obvious but did you try to telnet to projector to control it ?
  • HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    Best I can tell from looking at the manual, you should be able to use telnet to connect to the projector with port #10000. When the projector prompts for the password, send it the PIN code that has been set, or 0000 if no code has been set. In your data event for the projector, simply parse the strings from the projector looking for the password prompt and send the PIN with a <cr>, probably.

As suggested, you can use telnet from your pc to check it out.

Netlinx IP communications are not totally compliant with the telnet specification though it will work with many devices that claim to use telnet. If you can get telnet to work with the projector when using a PC but not with Netlinx IP communications, search the forums for some old threads on this question. Or, if you're a glutton for punishment, look up the telnet spec and write your program to be telnet compliant.

For a telnet client on your PC, if you don't have one you like, you can use Putty or the client that comes with Windows.
  • JasonSJasonS Posts: 229
    To use PJ Link with a password you have to be able to calculate an MD5 hash in less time than you can probably accomplish in Netlinx code. I have successfully used PJ Link with projectors that had the password disabled. Disabling the password has never been clear or remotely intuitive, and never from the onscreen menu. One of them you had to use the web interface and disable the web interfaces' password to disable the PJ Link password. PJ Link generally offers pretty limited functionality. I have had to resort to port scanning a device more than once, to find ports to try.