Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Queue_and_Threshold_Sizes.axi

Do we still need to use the Queue_and_Threshold_Sizes.axi with newer controllers with more memory? I am upgrading a project I did in 2007 from a NI-3100/64 to a NI-3100/256 and I am not sure if I still need this include file. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Nope. That's so old skool they tore the skool down.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I'm not so sure about that. On larger systems, I often see the message pending queue rise very close to the raised thresholds; if I hadn't used it, those messages would have been lost. It's likely because I regularly use modules that read a lot of data from a CSV file, and it's pretty processor dependent. But all the same, I wouldn't take it out of my toolbox. If your system runs fine without it, great. But there are cases where it still may be needed.
  • Looks like the rev 4 firmware automatically increases thresholds up to the maximums as needed. I'm responsible for a few systems that blow through buffers and thresholds at reboot without catastrophic consequences.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    icraigie wrote: »
    Looks like the rev 4 firmware automatically increases thresholds up to the maximums as needed. I'm responsible for a few systems that blow through buffers and thresholds at reboot without catastrophic consequences.

Well, that makes it a master specific issue as well then. I still have quite a few masters out there that won't run v4. However, that does back up Eric's assertion that it is obsolete in new systems.