Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Yamaha LS9 TCP/IP control

I want control LS9 over TCP/IP
does anyone have the TCP/IP protocol?
thanks~

Comments

• Options
    As far as I know, there is no third party IP control protocol for the Yamaha consoles. Their StudioManager software communicates with the LS9 (and other consoles) via a MIDI over ethernet driver. I tinkered with wireshark a while back trying to see how the midi data was being sent to see if it could be done from Netlinx, but gave up when real (paying) work got in the way. They do have an example AMX workspace on their website for controlling the LS9 and other desks via the AXB-MIDI, but apparently that product is discontinued. If you come up with a way to control the consoles over ethernet from Netlinx, let me know, as it would be useful.
  • Options
    Thanks for your information.
    If I have LS-9 for test, I think I can use the wireshark and StageMix to get the tcp/ip protocol.
    I will try another way, if any update I will post on here.
    Don DeLong wrote: »
    As far as I know, there is no third party IP control protocol for the Yamaha consoles. Their StudioManager software communicates with the LS9 (and other consoles) via a MIDI over ethernet driver. I tinkered with wireshark a while back trying to see how the midi data was being sent to see if it could be done from Netlinx, but gave up when real (paying) work got in the way. They do have an example AMX workspace on their website for controlling the LS9 and other desks via the AXB-MIDI, but apparently that product is discontinued. If you come up with a way to control the consoles over ethernet from Netlinx, let me know, as it would be useful.
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    kuoweiliao wrote: »
    Thanks for your information.
    If I have LS-9 for test, I think I can use the wireshark and StageMix to get the tcp/ip protocol.
    I will try another way, if any update I will post on here.
    Did you find out something ?
  • Options
    No…I give up. XD
    vincen wrote: »
    Did you find out something ?