Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Samsung CCTV

Hi

We're looking at using Samsung IP CCTV cameras, so I'm testing integrating them to AMX.

Has anyone tried to view an IP stream (MJPEG over HTTP via Dynamic Image) on a touch panel?

I can't get this to work, hence me posting here :)

For our testing:
AMX MXD-700
Samsung SNO-5080R

IP stream URLs I've taken from Samsung documentation:
http://<Device IP>/cgi-bin/video.cgi?msubmenu=mjpg
http://<Device IP>/cgi-bin/video.cgi?msubmenu=jpg

Strangely, the JPG stream will appear if I open it in TPDesign (double click dynamic image in software)
The MJPG stream gives me an "unexpected error".

Neither JPG or MJPG work when on the MXD-700 touch panel

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Don't go by TPDesign, it will give an error on the preview for dynamic images that works on the panel. Test it on an actual panel.
  • Options
    markbsuremarkbsure Posts: 44
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    Don't go by TPDesign, it will give an error on the preview for dynamic images that works on the panel. Test it on an actual panel.

I found that out the hard way trying to get an AXIS IP camera to work.
    MJPEG stream would not work in TPD4, but once on a touch panel it worked fine.

Unfortunately it's not the same with Samsung :(
  • Options
    trobertstroberts Posts: 228
    markbsure wrote: »
    I found that out the hard way trying to get an AXIS IP camera to work.
    MJPEG stream would not work in TPD4, but once on a touch panel it worked fine.

Unfortunately it's not the same with Samsung :(

Hey Mark, Any luck with this? I too am trying to find the same info.
    The commands you have listed are just that, commands....not the location of the stream, which I think, is what you and I need.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Actually, they are the location of the stream. Should be something like:

Protocol: HTTP
    Host: <Device IP>
    Path: cgi-bin
    File: video.cgi?msubmenu=mjpg

user, password as and if needed

I've used similar formats on various cams and NVRs, but can't say I've verified it on a Samsung. If their documentation is correct, that is the correct format though.
  • Options
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    Actually, they are the location of the stream. Should be something like:

Protocol: HTTP
    Host: <Device IP>
    Path: cgi-bin
    File: video.cgi?msubmenu=mjpg

user, password as and if needed

I've used similar formats on various cams and NVRs, but can't say I've verified it on a Samsung. If their documentation is correct, that is the correct format though.

Thanks Dave,
    This is the info I have used also tried File: video.cgi?msubmenu=jpg. It works great in a web browser and it also works in TPD4 when you click on "Get Live" However when loaded to panel or iPad (TPControl) no video gets displayed. Could it be something else?
  • Options
    Update: Apparently the user name and password handshake that occurs with Samsung cameras is not standard and will not work on AMX panels. The Samsung cameras I tried using were the pro series SNP-xxx and SNV-xxx. There is no way to turn off authentication, so these cameras will not work in an AMX job if you are planning on displaying the feed on a panel. In order to control the camera, it requires digest authentication, which is also complicated to reproduce. I suspect this is also why the stream will not appear. Too bad netlinx does not off an MD5 routine.
    If anyone finds out something different please update me.
  • Options
    Did anyone make any progress with this?

Got a project on with many of the SNV-6084R cameras and SRN DVR's. Thus far I get 404 errors when trying these URL's. Found a whole bunch of others on the link below but all give 404.

http://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=samsung

Struggling to even get Samsung Tech Win support to even understand what it is Im trying to do!
  • Options
    AlekseyAleksey Posts: 22
    I have Samsung SNO-5080R and I managed it with a link like the following
    http://admin:password@192.168.1.52/cgi-bin/video.cgi?msubmenu=mjpg&profile=4&resolution=2&frate=20&compression=1
    Set it to Streaming Source in properties of button.