Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Webupdate and NS3 vs NS4

I'm in the process of installing all of my software into a new laptop running Windows 8.1 and discovered a strange behaviour of WebUdate.

It only lists Netlinx Studio 2 as an option, but displays the NS4 version number under the New Version column.

Installing the software from WebUpdate installs NS4 even though I already have both NS3 & NS4 installers inside the updates folder, and after installing NS4 successfully, WebUpdate does not acknowledge that Studio is installed.

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    O my 8.1 laptop, WebUpdate thinks I need to update NS3, even though it already is, and doesn't recognize NS4 at all.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    On my 8.1 I can't even dowload web update since I don't have admin privileges despite the fact that my user does and if I do log in as admin I still don't.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    vining wrote: »
    On my 8.1 I can't even dowload web update since I don't have admin privileges despite the fact that my user does and if I do log in as admin I still don't.

Gand I hate Windoze
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    vining wrote: »

That generally means there is a folder or file permission that needs to be changed. Admin is admin. But even OSX won't let you modify folders and files if they are tagged to another user, unless you change the permissions. I run into this a lot when I copy files from one user account to another.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    It kind of weird though since I just want to download it and let it run and I can with every other app just not web update. Not a big deal cuz I don't like the web update anyway since it always wants me to downloads apps I don't want.

Win 8.1 is also a bit weird coming from XP and MAC but I have a real sweet setup now with four monitors and an a$$ kickin' pc, 6 core, 32g ram, 256 ssd, 3tb hd, liquid cooled processor on an asus rampage iv black edition mother board. Since I have nothing to program anymore maybe I'll start playing games since that's what it was built for. :)