Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Confirmation Dialog

Hi,

I would like to pop-up a confirmation dialog box on a G3 panel and then get whether the user pressed 'Yes' or 'No'. How does one go about doing this?

Thanks

Ed

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    G3 panels, like G4s have popups. You can simply make a popups of whatever size you want and simply put a couple addressed buttons on the popups with Yes and No. Then in code do whatever you want when the button is pushed. Easy-peasy.
  • Options
    Thanks - Good point. I hadn't had my coffee when i asked that. Can the text be changed within the pop-up box. I want to have a On/Off button which when pressed provides a pop-up asking if the user is sure they want to switch OFF (or ON) the item in question. Thus the first button would need to open the pop-up with the YES/NO options but the question would need to be rephrased dependant on the current state ??

Hope that makes sense... just coming off a cold in the bunged up stage, so might be just talking gibberish..:)
  • Options
    Thanks - Good point. I hadn't had my coffee when i asked that. Can the text be changed within the pop-up box. I want to have a On/Off button which when pressed provides a pop-up asking if the user is sure they want to switch OFF (or ON) the item in question. Thus the first button would need to open the pop-up with the YES/NO options but the question would need to be rephrased dependant on the current state ??

Hope that makes sense... just coming off a cold in the bunged up stage, so might be just talking gibberish..:)

Yes G3s. Have dynamic text buttons as well.
  • Options
    JasonSJasonS Posts: 229
    I have a function that handles all of the configuration of the popup page, ie title, caption, what buttons should be visible (yes no, or ok) and an integer id. The id value is stored in a global integer array by touch panel index, when one of the buttons is pressed the appropriate action can be taken based on the id variable. Displaying the popup is as easy as calling the function with the appropriate options and an id.
  • Options
    champchamp Posts: 261
    You should check out what AMX are doing with notifications in RPM, it's great.

They have a sub page set and each new notification gets pushed into it as a sub page complete with text and contextual icons.
    When a notification occurs you get a little red circle with the number of notifications waiting, you then drag open a draggable window and scroll through all notifications, very cool!

I started to do the same thing but it is so much work that I'll never be able to charge for.
    There's so much good stuff inside of RPM but you hit one little feature it can't do and you are back to writing the whole program from scratch, I wish AMX would create modules of things like this and open source their code so I could use and tailor it to my needs.
  • Options
    Thanks - Are there any manuals or notes on the commands I can use to change or control the text etc ?? The NetLinx manual doesn't seem to have any that I can find..?

Thanks

Ed
  • Options
    The programming commands for every AMX device are on the website. Each manual has a section of commands, channels and levels pertonant to their function. I highly recommend you take the programmer classes as they will save you much time.
  • Options
    That's the money shot! - been a while since I did any work on these systems.

Yes would love to do the course but I'm in the middle of a OU degree, so can't take any more on at present. After that depends on what i decide to do in life ;) I'm just a bit rusty thou to be honest.

Thanks Again

Ed