Home AMX User Forum MODPEDIA - The Public Repository of Modules for Everyone

lighting emulator

Hi Everybody ,
I am in the Middle Of AMX ACE exam ,and I am doing well with the code just I have a issue with Lighting Emulator

I can't connect with the lighting Emulator ,to check the feedback of my code .

in the Notepad for the Emulator they mentioned that :

"The lighting emulator does not attempt to connect as it is a server application and is waiting for the NetLinx master to connect on TCP port 24 "

I already Open ip_CLIENT ,but still con't connect ,

Please Advise me If anybody face like this ,your help is highly appreciated

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Well,
    Firstly, since this is your exam we probably shouldn't help as that would be cheating.

However, you should double check all your parameters in the IP_CLIENT_OPEN command. Another thing you should do is log into the master with a telnet client (like PuTTY) and turn "msg on" messages on and see what (if any) errors are being thrown when the master tries to connect to the fake lighting processor.

Also, your examiner should help you with technical problems on the exam.
  • champchamp Posts: 261
    You may have a firewall on your PC blocking incoming connections to the emulator.
    Windows does it's best to obstruct productive work whenever possible.

See if you can telnet to the emulator from another PC, you won't be able to do anything but you'll know if it accepts a connection. If it accepts a connection then it isn't the firewall and it's your code, otherwise it's an IT issue so ask support.

It could be a Java issue, the emulator was written on a stone tablet and Java has changes it's core security principles monthly.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The emulator is just for testing. If you are confident of your code, you don't need the emulator to work.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    The emulator is just for testing. If you are confident of your code, you don't need the emulator to work.

Ha! I'm never that confident of my code. I test everything. :)