Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Barco DP2K via RS232

anybody have any thoughts on controlling this Barco via RS232? The manual says it uses the USB port for RS232 control and I'm having no luck getting control of it. How is the AMX com port supposed to be connected to the USB? USB to serial adaptor does not work. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    RWozney wrote: »
    anybody have any thoughts on controlling this Barco via RS232? The manual says it uses the USB port for RS232 control and I'm having no luck getting control of it. How is the AMX com port supposed to be connected to the USB? USB to serial adaptor does not work. Any help would be appreciated!!!

You may need to check with them to see what USB adapters they support. It may require something specific. I'd also look into IP control instead. I'm not real familiar with the line (we stopped selling Barco years ago in favor of Runco), but they advertise an app, which suggests IP control is possible.
  • RWozneyRWozney Posts: 19
    Barco DP2K

Tried the IP control but it is apparently different from the from the Barcos that have IP control modules already written for them. If anybody has code to control it IP that would be great too.