Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

g5 Animated/Video Background

I have a cool time-lapse loop animation on a webpage that I have developed that would look great as a background for a Welcome page.

256 states isn’t enough (can this be increased ?) so I can’t do in a normal multi-state button.

Has anyone found a way to get a full screen browser window to show behind a popup or buttons on a page ?

I notice the “show above popups” option in the General Tab has disappeared in TP5.

Comments

• looping video background working

Looping Video Background now working on an MXT-1900. Discovered some cool commands in the G5 programming guide. :-)

You can send videos on a thumb drive that is plugged into the panel to a Video Fill button.

^SDM-400,1,file:///udisk/1.mp4

And loop the video it continuously
    ^SDL-400,1,0

And stop the video it on page-flip to the main page.
    ^SDM-400,1,stop

Great for the clients welcome page, with one of their own promo videos, animations or perhaps a time-lapse of their new building being built. Especially handy for the larger panoramic panels located in a showcase space where the client expects a little more.

Would only do it on the welcome page though it would be too much of a distraction on any other page.

Could be various uses for this perhaps training videos for advanced touch panels, and animations you cant achieve in 255 states. Obviously a little more flexible than having a video in an app window.

Only thing is smaller table panels don't have a concealed usb port.

Looks great, Plays smoothly without hesitation on the panel :-)
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Oh, nice work. Have you tried loading one from say a http:// url? Could be a nice way to tie in with some content that changes semi-regularly.
  • PhreaK wrote: »
    Oh, nice work. Have you tried loading one from say a http:// url? Could be a nice way to tie in with some content that changes semi-regularly.

Yes this works well also, and would be great for semi-regular content changes.

Also you can run videos from the panels internal storage.
    The path doesn't seem to be documented anywhere but if you use,

file:///storage/emulated/0/Downloads(or directory of your choice)/video.mp4

Easiest way to get them into directory of your choice on the panel is to export from dropbox.
  • Does anyone know if this works with ModeroX G4 panels?
  • Never mind, I found the commands in PI for the X Series.
  • 0XiDE0XiDE Posts: 1
    Jeff, did you have any luck with playing an mp4 on the G4 panel?
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I suspect the GPU on a G4 might not be up to the job. I have a few jobs with network cameras and they can take 10-20 seconds to load. I'm not sure, however, if it's really the GPU or whatever mechanism the G4's use to read dynamic images. But it's slow as heck.