Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

NXT CV10 Backlight failure

Had anybody tried to VNC an NXT CV10 with backlight failure and once you connect to the panel you had a black screen, but when you try touching the screen, the button works.

Comments

• Hi had try to VNC with a NXT CV7 and had a black screen but same the button was working (tryed with a smartphone)
    Then I had change my VNC software and everything was working.

Did you use your VNC soft on other device and stuff working ?
    Actually on my smartphone (Samsung Note3) I'm making some test with bVNC Free (if this help)

I would try to VNC first on an other device just to be sure all is correct
    And then I would try on the break CV10
  • Cedric wrote: »
    Hi had try to VNC with a NXT CV7 and had a black screen but same the button was working (tryed with a smartphone)
    Then I had change my VNC software and everything was working.

Did you use your VNC soft on other device and stuff working ?
    Actually on my smartphone (Samsung Note3) I'm making some test with bVNC Free (if this help)

I would try to VNC first on an other device just to be sure all is correct
    And then I would try on the break CV10

Thanks for your input, is the backlight on your touch panel still working. The touch panel that I have right now is busted, but you can still hear the button clicks the only thing is the screen is black.
    I will try with other VNC software.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    The backlight is not an issue to VNC. We have frequently relegated damaged panels to VNC portals. They work much better than the AMX 300 solution which is known to lock up under load and not serve web pages to some browsers.

Use TIGHTVNC, it always works with AMX and is free. Many others can't cope with the 18-bit color scheme, resulting in black image pages.

If you get control but no image with TIGHT, more than the backlight is to blame.
  • Have you've gotten Tight 2.7 to work with AMX panels? I just get a black screen with it, but I have not fooled with all the settings. The 1.3 version they still have for download works fine out of the box.

Kevin D.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Just installed 2.7 for 64 bit on WIN7 and it works fine. Did you allow the firewall exception?

No, something IS wrong. It connected and worked once. Then the PANEL rebooted, and now that it's back, it won't accept a connection to Tight.

OK, now it will. FUN. Now it seems ok again.

Maybe I'll go back to the old version.

EDIT A DAY LATER: V. 2.7 is working fine. Looks like a first run issue or a network foo. I made no changes whatsoever to default install settings.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Could always try Ultra VNC, also free and has always worked for me.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    vining wrote: »
    Could always try Ultra VNC, also free and has always worked for me.

I've had better luck with UltraVNC as well.
    Paul
  • JasonSJasonS Posts: 229
    I've had color problems with UltraVNC. The TightVNC Java version always seems to work for me.
  • RealVNC user here, I just set the viewer to "always use best available color quality" as a default setting for all panels.
  • NXT-CV10

I have had 2 NXT-CV10 backlight circuits fail. I think the inverter is to blame rather than the bulb.

Personally, for my Android phone, I use "androidVNC" and "PocketCloud" using the IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5900.

Eric
  • hi all, thanks for your inputs,, I got the vnc working now on my NXT-cv10 that has backlight issue,,, I have used tigervnc and play with the color level,....