Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

TPD5 Password Protected Page

Hi all,
Does anybody had application to password protect page flips on TPD5. I know on TPD4 there is an option to password protect page flips.

Comments

• This feature is not currently available in TPD5.
  • AMX_Chris wrote: »
    This feature is not currently available in TPD5.

is there a way to password protect page flips on TPD5
  • GregGGregG Posts: 251
    Popup a keypad from the button and then use netlinx code to verify the password and send_command the page flip if it passes.
  • GregG wrote: »
    Popup a keypad from the button and then use netlinx code to verify the password and send_command the page flip if it passes.

how would you have a feedback from the system keypad as tpd5 does not support it yet, in TPD4 I can make a button to pop up a keypad without involving netlinx code... thanks for your response,,,,
    Why not use netlinx code? I've often found it much quicker to finish a job using a workaround then spend time encouraging AMX to add new features to their firmware.
    DEFINE_CONSTANT
    Integer nKeypadButtons[] =
    {
    	100,	//	KP 0
    	101,	//	KP 1
    	102,	//	KP 2
    	103,	//	KP 3
    	104,	//	KP 4
    	105,	//	KP 5
    	106,	//	KP 6
    	107,	//	KP 7
    	108,	//	KP 8
    	109	//	KP 9
    }
    DEFINE_EVENT
    Button_Event[dvPanel,nKeypadButtons]
    {
    	Push: cPasswordString = Right_String("cPasswordString,Itoa(Get_Last(nKeypadButtons)-1)",4)
    }
    Button_Event[dvPanel,110] // Password keypad enter
    {
    	Push: If(cPasswordString='1234') Send_Command dvPanel,'^PPN-Whatever'
    }

Why not use netlinx code? I've often found it much quicker to finish a job using a workaround then spend time encouraging AMX to add new features to their firmware.
    DEFINE_CONSTANT
    Integer nKeypadButtons[] =
    {
    	100,	//	KP 0
    	101,	//	KP 1
    	102,	//	KP 2
    	103,	//	KP 3
    	104,	//	KP 4
    	105,	//	KP 5
    	106,	//	KP 6
    	107,	//	KP 7
    	108,	//	KP 8
    	109	//	KP 9
    }
    DEFINE_EVENT
    Button_Event[dvPanel,nKeypadButtons]
    {
    	Push: cPasswordString = Right_String("cPasswordString,Itoa(Get_Last(nKeypadButtons)-1)",4)
    }
    Button_Event[dvPanel,110] // Password keypad enter
    {
    	Push: If(cPasswordString='1234') Send_Command dvPanel,'^PPN-Whatever'
    }

thanks Greg for the sample programming,, this is for a fixed password right.. how about if customer wants to make his own password... thanks again....
    That was just a conceptual example.

The actual implementation would fall into the category of "AMX programming" which our sales team would be happy to quote for you. ;-)
    That was just a conceptual example.

The actual implementation would fall into the category of "AMX programming" which our sales team would be happy to quote for you. ;-)

Oh that was fun... I just check if you already have a sample for it,, thanks anyways for your great help...
  • gsmithgsmith Posts: 59
    We have an upcoming G5 firmware and TPD5 release targeted for the end of the year. This feature has been added back in.
  • gsmith wrote: »
    We have an upcoming G5 firmware and TPD5 release targeted for the end of the year. This feature has been added back in.

That is good to hear, that was always a major benefit of TP4 having built-in password handling. I know you can work around this with code and all, but if the customer wants a password that is changeable, then the code gets more complex, and the UI pages to handle setting a new password start to eat up time.
  • What happened to this update?
    This could not be that hard to fix, it's a highly used feature by clients.

• @Dennis E. said:
    What happened to this update?
    This could not be that hard to fix, it's a highly used feature by clients.

Button Properties -> General -> Password Protection -> None/password 1/password 2/password 3/password 4
    Effectively disables the press/release action locally and at the button_event[] without a valid password entry.
    Note - the selected password must be set to actually have the prompt show when pressing the button.

• Great, thanks Ian !
    I didn't realise that the passwords where empty as default in the G5 series.

• Just realise you have to set the password using the panel itself, setting passwords with NetLinx code doesn't seem to work anymore (as it did with G4). I'll quote myself from another post:

In the whitepaper 'AMX G5 considerations' it is mentioned that the password protection related to buttons is completely removed, as is the ^PWD command. The latter is true, the former isn't. Although you can't send passwords (except password 5) to the panel through NetLinx commands anymore (which is kinda annoying) you still can set them on the panel itself through the settings page and button related passwords will work as they did in G4.

Document location: https://amx.com/en-US/support_downloads/download_types/whitepaper