Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Denon AVR-X2100W

Does anyone have or know where I can get the serial protocol for this device?
I have looked every where I know. Could it be similar to other AVR series of devices.

Thanks

Comments

• a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Kenny wrote: »
    Does anyone have or know where I can get the serial protocol for this device?
    I have looked every where I know. Could it be similar to other AVR series of devices.

Thanks

Its available at the http://ci.dm-holdings.com site, but upon downloading it, Adobe reader tells me its corrupted or not formatted correctly.
    Paul

EDIT: After switching browsers it seems its an Excel file not a PDF file, even though it downloaded as a PDF in Firefox. You may have to change the extension if this occurs to you as well.
  • Are they not the same codes as every other Denon?
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Denon and Marantz now use the same protocols (as do the new McIntosh). I forget, to be honest, which protocol it is, but I think it's the Denon protocol. I can tell you the module I whipped up for Marantz a few years ago definitely works with the new Denon and McIntosh AVR's. The only caveat is the newest Marantz (NR1604, etc.) are fussier about timing if you use IP control and lock up if you send too quickly (as in volume ramping).