Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

DVX 3150 and Cisco Precision HD Cameras

We have an ongoing issue with our DVX-3150s miss scaling Cisco Precision HD cameras.

We have 2 Cisco cameras attached to each DVX-3150 HDMI inputs and sometimes (more often directly after the DVX reboot), some (not all) of the outputs, that are displaying the cameras, appear as a super zoomed in vertical bar in the center of the screen.

Also, the DVX reports the HDMI video coming from the cameras as "unknown signal"

We've been thorough multiple versions of the DVX switcher firmware, but none of them have resolved this issue.
The cameras are on the latest firmware as well.

Anyone have any experience with Cisco cameras connected to DVX inputs?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• NZRobNZRob Posts: 70
    I have been having a bit of trouble with same thing from the Cisco codec outputs - unknown signal.

After talking to AMX tech support - they got me to change from HDMI to DVI as input and that fixed it - worth a try for you

Cheers Rob
  • cmasoncmason Posts: 123
    NZRob wrote: »
    I have been having a bit of trouble with same thing from the Cisco codec outputs - unknown signal.

After talking to AMX tech support - they got me to change from HDMI to DVI as input and that fixed it - worth a try for you

Cheers Rob

Interesting...

Are you suggesting changing the input format on the DVX switcher from HDMI to DVI?

Since the cameras don't have DVI out, I couldn't physically change the input connection.
  • cmason wrote: »
    Interesting...

Are you suggesting changing the input format on the DVX switcher from HDMI to DVI?

Since the cameras don't have DVI out, I couldn't physically change the input connection.

I assume he's referring to the pulldown menus on the video input tab of the switcher web interface. You can choose HDMI or DVI for all the local inputs, no physical changes necessary.
    rfletcher wrote: »
    I assume he's referring to the pulldown menus on the video input tab of the switcher web interface. You can choose HDMI or DVI for all the local inputs, no physical changes necessary.

Yes, that is exactly what I was asking him.
    I was just looking for clarification because he was connecting the codec outputs to the inputs on the DVX. He might have been suggesting a physical connection change as the DVX is equipped both HDMI and multi-format inputs, as well as the C series codecs have both DVI and HDMI outputs.

I think I had tried changing the input format before, but I've tried so many things, it's hard to remember everything I've experimented with.
    NZRob... I think you just made my whole month!

We've been "dealing" with this problem for over a year and a half, and I believe your suggestion just solved it.

I switched both camera input formats form HDMI to DVI and they went to "Valid Signal"

With my first testing, I am unable to replicate the scaling issue now.

Maybe I can get tech support to send my spare camera back now!

Thank you so much!
    False positive. :(

Still seeing the issue today.

The DVX reports the signals as valid now, but some outputs are still scaling it wrong.
  • Out of curiosity which version of switcher firmware are you on?

Edit: And if those outputs are DXLink which version of FW is on the RX boxes?
    rfletcher wrote: »
    Out of curiosity which version of switcher firmware are you on?

Edit: And if those outputs are DXLink which version of FW is on the RX boxes?

v1.6.31

We originally tried DVX-2150s with DXLink RXs, (over a year ago) and we found them to be horrible, so we swapped the 2150s for 3150s.

Except for the occasional scaling issues, we are much happier with the 3150s with no DXLinks.
  • You might want to give some newer hotfix firmware a spin. While I don't see anything specifically in the release notes for 1.6.39 (which is the newest I have) regarding your issue, there are a lot of fixes related to malformed video signals causing the image not to display or to display incorrectly, including one involving the output of Cisco codecs when connected as DVI.
    Sorry for the delay - cheers rfletcher for answering

glad the video sync part was sorted - sorry no help on the scaling issue - have you tried manually forcing the scaling?

This hot fix looks at things to do with the Cisco and other things - might be the fix?
    DVX-315x/215x Switcher Firmware v.1.6.36 Hot Fix (Available from AMX Technical Support)

Cheers Rob
    rfletcher - bet me too it again :D

You reply wasn't up yet when I hit reply
    I don't see that hotfix listed. Where did you find that?

I'm happy to try any new firmware. I've been applying new firmware every time they are released, hoping to put the issue to bed since we first started buying them.

The hardest part... I sent a spare camera to tech support, and they are unable to replicate the issue we are having with them. Very frustrating.
    I see the listing for the hotfix now. I must have glazed over it.

Hopefully the "Improved compatibility of HDMI inputs with certain HDMI sources," will have some impact.

I'll keep you posted.