Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Need Help - Kramer 908 amplifier

Hello,

Trying to control Kramer amp - using Protocol 3000. Can't seem to establish communication .

Trying to send strings using control a device to the port.

I can control the device over rs232 using kramer software, but can't seem to send the right string from NI-3000

New to programming, struggling with ASCI to hex conversion, or to know what string to send to the device.

any help would great thanks!!!

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Post the string being sent by the software, the protocol and your code where you send the string. We'll see if we can help.
  • problems with Protocol 3000

having problems with a NI 3100 and the protocol 3000 from kramer for switching inputs I have tried
    send_string kramer, "'#AV 3>*',13" but no go. this would be to switch input 3 audio and video to all outputs

instructions say the space between the AV and the 3 is important and that it must end with a carriage return
  • AbzAbz Posts: 1
    As far as I know, the 908 is an amplifier for audio. Why are you switching video?

Also, the 908 only has 2 audio inputs yes?
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    If you're certain your string is correct then you are down to good ole troubleshooting. Do other commands work? If no, then check the baud rate. Hook yout laptop serial cable to the NI and verify the serial port is sending. (NIs have had issues with the serial ports failing. They look like they're sending but they're not.). Check the other end os the cable hooked into the Kramer. Etc...
  • thanks, for the responses, yes the original thread starts with an amplifier, and I have a switcher, but the bigger common problem is Protocol 3000 by kramer its the same for all hardware.

I found on another site that while kramer references 13 as the carriage return it might in fact not be 13 but rather the $0d
    so the string might be send_string kramer,"'#AV 2>*',$0D"
    and not "'#AV 2>*',13"

thank you for the suggestion about an ni loosing serial ports, I can try another port.

I was really hoping that someone has used Protocal 3000 successfully.
  • $0D == 13

Do you have the protocol doc?
  • I have used it previously with Kramer switchers, I believe I ended up using $0D,$0A as the terminator instead of just the $0D.
  • RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111
    The command to use for switching audio is

AUD IN>OUT

You should send

Send_string Kramer,"'AUD 2>1',13"

Send_string Kramer,"'AUD ',ITOA(input),'>',ITOA(output),13"

You have a short command you can use too

Send_string Kramer,"'A 2>1',13"

Send_string Kramer,"'A ',ITOA(input),'>',ITOA(output),13"

Raphaël Thiffault
  • locknarlocknar Posts: 30
    mdonaldson wrote: »
    I have used it previously with Kramer switchers, I believe I ended up using $0D,$0A as the terminator instead of just the $0D.

as a follow up, first you are right, it ends with $0d,$oa, secondly I could not make the #Av command work, not through terminal, Netlinx or Hyperterminal, but the #VID command works.

Lastly it worked alot better at 9600 baud rather than the 155,200 factory on an NI-3000.
  • RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111
    Higher speed required shorter cable. At 115 I would not exceed 12 feet.

Raphaël Thiffault