Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Virtual Devices not online

What would cause all my virtual devices to disappear?

I've tried rebooting everything.

I have a virtual TP assigned to 35001 and will not not show up in the Online tree, nor will it pass the commands to the real TP it is supposed to be combined with.

The one DUET virtual device I have in my code from a module shows up on 41002 though.

I've been slowly disabling parts of my code to see if I they will come back but no luck.

Strangely, before the virtual devices stopped loading, my debug stopped working.

I would load some variables to watch and they would change as they should for a little while, then they would freeze.

If I turned off the debug and turned it back on, they all disappeared.
If I added them back to the debug, they show up with out lengths or values.

I could reboot the NI-3100 and the debug would work for a little while again, but would quit with the same behavior.

And my SEND_STRING 0 text would stop showing up in the Diagnostics as well.

NI-3100 (v1.30.8)

I went looking for the Master firmware version and the master is nowhere to be found.

I webbed to the NI-3100 and it lists device "00000 - Unknown"

Comments

• cmasoncmason Posts: 123
    To further complicate things, I suspected my the 3100 was dying. So I swapped it out with another, and get the same behavior with the code loaded.

I'm exhausted from beating my head against this thing.
    PRD brought the Master back. v3.60.453
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I have seen DUET virtuals not come up if the master was starved for duet memory. Increasing the allotment of duet memory fixes the issue. Telnet in, SET DUET MEM and give a few more Meg.
    ericmedley wrote: »
    I have seen DUET virtuals not come up if the master was starved for duet memory. Increasing the allotment of duet memory fixes the issue. Telnet in, SET DUET MEM and give a few more Meg.

Thanks Eric.
    After I left the site and finally got home, I began to suspect maybe that it might be the case.
    I will definitely try your suggestion the next time I work on that project (hopefully soon).

Quick question though, I only have a single Duet mod running on that box, with a few Netlinx virtual devices running. The Duet virtual device was the only one that appeared to stay persistently, where the Netlinx virtuals were dropping off.
    Would increasing the DUET MEM affect the Netlinx virtual devices?

Or could the DUET MEM be set too high causing the the Netlinx virtuals to fail?