Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Using two duet modules

Hi,

I am working on a project where there are two rooms with similar equipments. In both the rooms we are using two Cisco SX-20 VC units. I want to know how to control two VC's with two different Touch panels using one controller(NI-2100).

I am using Jar Comm module and PhoneBook_Component.AXS module file. I changed some values in PhoneBook_Component so that i can update the directories.

Please suggest how to include the modules in this situation.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Basically declare two different instances of the same module file.
    DEFINE_DVICE

dvRS232_Port_01. =. 5001:01:0
    dvRS232_Port_92. =. 5001:02:01

vdvVTC_01 = 41001:01:01
    vdvVTC_02 = 41002:01:01

DEFINE_MODULE 'MyModule_comm' VTC01(vdvVTC_01,dvRS232_01)
    DEFINE_MODULE 'MyMddule_comm' VTC02(vdvVTC_02,dvRS232_02)

• Options
    Hi Eric,

i am doing the same. But i am using phonebook component module file with few changes in the file like directory.. I just want to know, do i need to add two phonebook_component and include_component files?
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    prakash wrote: »
    Hi Eric,

i am doing the same. But i am using phonebook component module file with few changes in the file like directory.. I just want to know, do i need to add two phonebook_component and include_component files?

Not seeing the code one can only speculate. But typically yes and you'll have to create a separate user interface for each one. It's easy enough to just copy all the pages/popups and change the port numbers of all the buttons/addresses/levels/etc... But you will have to also alter the page/popup names of the second unit to make the unique from the first. That way page flips / popups show-hides will stay with their appropriate units.

This is one of the reasons I don't use the factory provided UIs in most cases. They usually aren't designed to handle multiple instances of the module and/or multiple panels controlling the same unit.