Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

Dead 9000i

I have an MVP-9000i that has been booting now for 3 days. It is stuck at the AMX logo with the scrolling bar at the bottom of the page. Any ideas other than sending it in for service?

Comments

• cmasoncmason Posts: 123
    Replace the CF card?

Do you have another panel available to clone a CF card from?
  • I took it apart and could not find the standard-looking CF card. Either it is very well hidden or the panel uses a different format chip.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Have you tried letting the batteries deplete completely and then putting it back on the charger. I don't recall if it was 5200i ot the 9000i but on a couple of occasions I had tps that I was going to send in for repair for those reasons but once I let them completely die I would plug them back in and then they just worked.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    I saved one the other day by doing the factory default using the reset button.

1. Reboot the device, either from the Setup page (page 50) or via the Reset button on the left side of the
    device (FIG. 2). Touch and hold the touch panel while the device is rebooting, until the “Request for
    Factory Reset” confirmation screen (FIG. 108) appears. The Status LED on the right front of the device
    (FIG. 1) will also change color from blue to red.

2. Release the touch screen to start the factory reset. The factory reset confirmation screen appears, warning
    that continuing with the reset will result in a loss of data (FIG. 109), and the red Status LED will blink on
    and off. Press Yes within 10 seconds to continue with the factory reset, or No to continue the reboot with
    the current settings and firmware.

Paul
  • Well, I tried these tricks and it is still a doorstop.

Thanks,
    Danny
  • JasonSJasonS Posts: 229
    I have working 9000i's I don't consider to be much better than door stops! LOL! I try to point all the sales people away from this panel because it is just too unreliable in my opinion.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I agree, the 9000 was not a very reliable product.

That said, stalling on the logo screen generally means the firmware image is damaged. If there is no CF card, it is probably going to have to go in.
  • Throwing caution to the wind, I really took the thing apart. On the back side of the circuit board there is a flash card-like device that slides into a socket. The connectors are like an standard SD card but it is about 1 1/2 times as long as the traditional SD card with some extra stuff at the opposite end of the connectors.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Throwing caution to the wind, I really took the thing apart. On the back side of the circuit board there is a flash card-like device that slides into a socket. The connectors are like an standard SD card but it is about 1 1/2 times as long as the traditional SD card with some extra stuff at the opposite end of the connectors.

Might be the WiFi card. Any of that "extra stuff" look like an antenna?
  • Dave,

You are right. There are two connections that look like the are part of an antenna system. I found (hidden under a metal shield) a 2GB Micro SD card as well.
  • So, does anyone happen to have the following three files that they could send me?
    MLO
    u-boot.bin
    uImage.bin

Thanks,
    Danny
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Have you tried updating firmware from a USB stick or MicroSD card? Page 93 in the manual. Not sure whether it is getting far enough into the boot process to detect a new firmware image being present on removable media.
    If the panel boots up and detects a KIT file in the “MVP-9000i” directory on the microSD card or USB stick, the
    panel will request that you press the screen to upgrade or wait to continue booting (FIG. 101). Touch the screen to start the firmware update process.
  • I have R-4 remote that is stuck on logo. I cannot find a removable card there. Is there any way to fix it?
  • Auser wrote: »
    Have you tried updating firmware from a USB stick or MicroSD card? Page 93 in the manual. Not sure whether it is getting far enough into the boot process to detect a new firmware image being present on removable media.

I'll give that a try.

Thanks,
    Danny