Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

DGX 16 Audio Issues

Has anyone encountered an issue where the audio being sent by the DGX to various surround receivers sounds like it was recorded underwater? The video is coming through fine. I am having problems with 3 different receiver brands at 3 different locations on the property. It is not consistent, but it seems to happen most often on the DirecTV receivers.

The issue seems to start only when the source is changed. Sometimes, changing to a different source and then back to the original source can resolve the issue, but not always on the first or even second attempt. The audio output on all of the sources is set to PCM. Firmware is the latest available on the AMX site. All of the units experiencing issues are connected using DXLINK.

Comments

• GMuellerGMueller Posts: 3
    Hi Jeff,

same here and only on DXLink receivers.
    German support was very helpful and after some trial and error the solution is:
    when switching to a different source, wait 300ms and then send command "'VIDIN_EDIT-ALL RESOLUTIONS'" to port 6 of the DXLink device.
    Works perefect but only with stereo pcm.

All the best,

Gernot
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Thank you for the information. I will let you know if it solves the issue for me. I will also let you know if AMX can tell me why this is required.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    It looks like there is a typo in the command. It should be "'VIDIN_EDID-ALL RESOLUTIONS'". Unfortunately, it is not consistently fixing the issue for me. It does reduce the occurrence tho.
  • davegrovdavegrov Posts: 114
    Not Passing Audio
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    Has anyone encountered an issue where the audio being sent by the DGX to various surround receivers sounds like it was recorded underwater? The video is coming through fine. I am having problems with 3 different receiver brands at 3 different locations on the property. It is not consistent, but it seems to happen most often on the DirecTV receivers.

The issue seems to start only when the source is changed. Sometimes, changing to a different source and then back to the original source can resolve the issue, but not always on the first or even second attempt. The audio output on all of the sources is set to PCM. Firmware is the latest available on the AMX site. All of the units experiencing issues are connected using DXLINK.

Jeff,

See my thread about EDIDs. My DGX receivers don't pass audio at all unless I reboot them. Awaiting Tech Supoort solution.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »

The only time I have ever seen this was with an Apple TV ... and every other source on the DGX was fine. Rebooting the Apple TV resolved it (though it has come back once or twice, and the reboot fixed it each time). All along, I've been assuming the issue was with the Apple TV, because they are notoriously flaky.
  • davegrovdavegrov Posts: 114
    Audio Issues DGX

Dave,

I spent quite a bit of time with Stephen Steiner on the phone and via remote desktop pulling all of the logs and data from my Enova. He has sent it up to Cheney for the engineers to look at and recreate the issue. I had a successful Firmware update to 2.0 and thought it might solve the issue. Some of the Audio Issues I think are related to the hardware build version of the components.

I find it funny that many of the Matrix Switchers advertise the video scaling but might be ignoring the audio side of the box. On many of my installs a client may have two or more AVR zones plus a few more display only zones with just a pair of speakers.

Once I learn the fix I will post to the forums to help others.