Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

DxLink Multi-Format TX with an Enova DGX

I am trying to get Audio in from an iPod connected with a 3.5mm jack.

Does anyone know if the Tx can be configured to pass Audio without a Video signal?

I am able to connect a laptop to the VGA connection an connect the iPod and the Audio passes.

I have read through the manual and think because the Tx is not getting an HDMI signal or VGA, but with HDMI being the priority it will not try to do anything with the Analog Audio signal.

If I can set it to VGA Input; via VI<input>O<output>, will the Audio pass without the Video signal?

Thank you all for any input or ideas.

Comments

• First of all, send command to disable Auto Audio switching on DXLinkTx:

SEND_COMMAND NameOfTx,"'AUDIN_FORMAT_AUTO-DISABLE'"

this command should be sent to port 7. Then send command to the same port to switch to Analog input:

SEND_COMMAND NameOfTx,"'AUDIN_FORMAT-ANALOG'"

Hope this will work.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    I am trying to get Audio in from an iPod connected with a 3.5mm jack.
    Does anyone know if the Tx can be configured to pass Audio without a Video signal?

It's impossible as input detection is done on video ! You should wire the YUV vidéo output of iPod on TX so he can detect it and activate input ! It's what we do with iPort that we use for Audio only (we had to wire also video on TX to be able to get audio signal !)
  • Thank you for the suggestions; I will give them both a try and report success or failure.
  • RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111
    It will be nice to have a command giving us the abilities to send a default video sync if no video signal is detected. I know the C******n tx can do it. It is a feature in the HDBaseT chip set?

Raphaël Thiffault
  • From AMX TS:

"The DXLink transmitter will embed the audio on the digital video signal and send it over the DXLink cable to the other end.

If there is no video signal, then the audio cannot be sent. There is no audio only mode for these units.

There is no internal video generator on the TX units, so the hardware cannot create a 'blue screen' or other signal to use for embedding the audio. Other dealers have used a video signal generator or other video source to have the signal available to embed on. It just does not do that internally."
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    From AMX TS:

[...]

"If there is no video signal, then the audio cannot be sent. There is no audio only mode for these units.

There is no internal video generator on the TX units, so the hardware cannot create a 'blue screen' or other signal to use for embedding the audio. Other dealers have used a video signal generator or other video source to have the signal available to embed on. It just does not do that internally."

I'm not sure that this is accurate. It would be worth getting a second opinion from someone else at TS. Ask specifically about free run video.

Essentially the transmitters are capable of generating a black image upon which the audio is embedded. Unfortunately the feature and commands to control it seems to be completely undocumented aside from a few references in old firmware updates.

The release notes for the most recent hotfix firmware available from TS contains indicates that commands have been added for forcing free run video for diagnostic purposes, but once again these commands aren't documented.
  • I will certainly press TS about this,

but the only reference I could find for "free run video" was wrt DxLink Fiber. I am using the DxLink Multi Format (HDMI & VGA) Tx boxes...

Thank you for the input.