Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

NXB-CCG Netlinx Clear Connect Gateway

I don't have one of tehse boxes in front of me yet, and am trying to prep for them. Does anybody know how these boxes connect to the master? Going through the manual and the module it looks like they are just IP appliances not ICSLan boxes. So I assume I'll have to manage the online/offline connectivity of them.

Has anybody worked with them before (and not used the module)

Comments

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Unlike any "NXB" device I've seen before, these are apparently not native NetLinx devices, just as you deduced. The interface even suggests that the box could be used with other than AMX integrations. You might look at the Module that's offered on the product page, it may give more clues as to connection method... but IP client looks like the answer. Some of the more ambiguous doc I've read in a while.
  • JohnMichnrJohnMichnr Posts: 279
    John Nagy wrote: »
    Some of the more ambiguous doc I've read in a while.

My thoughts exactly. The module doc just shows the device defined at 0:3:0. That is the only real clue that I've found so far.

I wish I knew weather it would stay connected once connected, or if I'm going to have to constantly open and close the port for polling.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    AMX has always been weak with documentation. They need to hire more technical writers. Most of their modules just give you a list of commands (which may or may not be complete), a list of responses (which may or may not be complete), and an example program. No mention of which elements are needed in what circumstances, or how to properly implement it on a scaled basis. It drives me nuts.
  • JohnMichnrJohnMichnr Posts: 279
    So often, if you know how the piece works, and how to program it, the documentation makes perfect sense. But then you don't need to read the documentation.

I find that really true with the RMS stuff.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    JohnMichnr wrote: »
    I find that really true with the RMS stuff.
    Ditto. Also x1000 with Duet.
  • trobertstroberts Posts: 228
    Can anyone tell me if the dimmers connected to the NXB-CCG be controlled with the exact same protocol as Lutron RA2? Specifically #OUTPUT commands?
    Then the age old question, do spend time writing code to talk to the AMX module or do I write my own? Any input would be appreciated.
    "Opps* guess I didnt scroll down far enough in the manual the first time. I see it does support #OUTPUT commands. Now just for the "age old question"
  • JohnMichnr wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. The module doc just shows the device defined at 0:3:0. That is the only real clue that I've found so far.

I wish I knew weather it would stay connected once connected, or if I'm going to have to constantly open and close the port for polling.

Because it's not an AMX device. It's a Lutron device.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I did a system with a couple gateways. It works okay. A little slow but works as described.
  • Reviving this thread for a complementary question. Is the NXB-CCG compatible with the rebadged devices only or will it work with the Lutron devices too? Is there anything different between the two?
    i.e. would MRF2-600M work or only the AMX CCD-6D?
    Similarly with the counterpart occupancy sensor LRF2-OCRB2-P-WH vs the AMX CCD-OCRB-P.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    from the AMX Product webpage
    FEATURES

•Clear Connect Enabled – Lutron's patented RF Technology uses a quiet band, essentially free of interference ensuring reliable communication between system devices
    •Perfect Way to Add Light Control – Easily integrates with existing electrical infrastructures – simply replace the light switch
    •Create Light & Control Events with Room Occupancy – Use the Clear Connect Wireless Occupancy Sensor with RMS to automatically power-up and shut-down the lights and AV equipment to maximize energy conservation
    •Simple Web Configuration – Browse to the NetLinx Clear Connect Gateway URL to quickly configure and program Clear Connect Enabled Switches, Dimmers, Keypads and Occupancy/Vacancy Sensors
  • Only RadioRa2 line is supported.