Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Complier failed 0x80010105

Any ideas on this error message.
Rebooted computer.Using windows XP

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The number is almost certainly a memory address, making it useless for troubleshooting, since it's going to vary depending on what else the computer has going on. Errors that reboot the computer are usually errors that corrupt core memory areas or hardware drivers. So whatever happened basically made your computer fail by corrupting an essential memory location.

As to what happened ... well, that could be hard to figure. Start with the basics: are all the module and include files intact and being referenced properly; are all the variables being passed correct; is the compiler looking at the correct versions? In my experience, these kind of "no useful message" errors are nearly always module related, so that's where I would start looking. Also, make sure none of your source files themselves have been corrupted due to an improper shutdown, or something of that nature.
  • roognationroognation Posts: 138
    Dusting This One Off

I am getting a little tired of re-compiling my workspace; getting this same compiler error. I am using Win 7 Pro 64 bit...with Netlinx Studio 4.1.1251

I can hit the compile button and fail... and it can fail 2-5 times, then a successful compile occurs...without changing anything. Anyone else having this annoying trouble?
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    roognation wrote: »
    I am getting a little tired of re-compiling my workspace; getting this same compiler error. I am using Win 7 Pro 64 bit...with Netlinx Studio 4.1.1251

I can hit the compile button and fail... and it can fail 2-5 times, then a successful compile occurs...without changing anything. Anyone else having this annoying trouble?

I do get this behavior occasionally as well. I started noticing it a lot in NS3xxx

NS4xxx has been better but it's still there. There are times when I have to restart NS to get it to quit.
  • You aren't working from within dropbox are you? If you are , that's the reason why
  • GregGGregG Posts: 251
    I used to get it a lot more, and one thing that seemed to help was adding an exclusion to my anti-virus software for the folder structure where I keep my amx working code.
  • roognationroognation Posts: 138
    File Locations & AV

I am using a SSD-drive for both C:\ and D:\ because the speed of another program (hello! DTools and Lutron QS). My project files etc do not have anything to do with a "syncing" Dropbox or Qsync (Qnap NAS). I do have McAfee antivirus, and I will try disabling it to see if that helps next time I get a flurry of crashes.

AMX is claiming that no one is calling in to report these compiler crashes...I know I am not the only one, it would be nice if y'all could jump on the bandwagon (email at least) and report these issues (the squeaky wheel gets the grease). I am going to email them a link to this thread; don't think it will help much, but the annoyance level is high and I would like to see it get resolved.

Thanks for reading.
  • This is getting annoying...I've submitted to AMX and have been assigned RFI # 27174 if you'd like to run your problems by them.