Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Port Axlink NI2100

Hello every one,
plzz any one know How to connect AXB-TEMP temperature sensors (more than 20) to the AXLINK port with an external power supply for the sensors
thank u very much

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I'm not real familiar with those, but if they are Axlink, it's pretty much a standard thing. On your 4-wire Axlink buss, connect the ground, AXM and AXP wires only. Do not connect PWR. On your external supplies, connect the power + wire directly to the PWR connection, and parallel the power supply ground with the GND line that is already connected on the Axlink buss.
  • Thank you very much Mr Dave
    I will follow the instructions
  • svTechsvTech Posts: 44
    With Axlink, there are cable length limitations. Refer to the Tech Note "Axlink Wiring Considerations" (DL160) on the specifics. In essence, the total length of the Axlink cable can be no more than 3000 ft, if you are using proper Axlink cable. If you use CAT5/CAT6, it can be much less. Power distribution can also affect the total length of the cable. Total length refers to the combination of all legs of Axlink, not the farthest point.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I would highly recommend you investigate getting a few AxLink buss strips for this job. With that many boxes you might find managing the cabling will go much better. Either that or build yourself a nice clean terminal block. I would NOT try to make the world's largest Y-Cable chain via Dolphine splicers, solder and Duct Tape.
  • All the advice about axlink wiring is great, But What is a AXB-TEMP? I've never heard of such a thing. But I've only been programming AMX for 20'ish years, maybe I've missed something.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    All the advice about axlink wiring is great, But What is a AXB-TEMP? I've never heard of such a thing. But I've only been programming AMX for 20'ish years, maybe I've missed something.

I do remember an AxLink card - the AXC-TEMP.

Perhaps there was a box version of it too.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Axlink boxes used to be like a Swiss Army knife. There was one for almost anything. I think these are temperature sensors ... but they also had a native X-10 controller once, and a variable DC voltage box, among other things. I kind of miss those days, you could integrate anything. Nowadays, stuff has to pretty much be designed for integration.