Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Netlinx control by cell phone

I just wanted to know if anyone has tried to use any of the new cell phones with the nice touch screens to browse to an amx web panel? Do any of the cell phones/PDA's have the ability to use a VNC server to view the G4 panels or can they view the TP3 web panel?Just a thought but if its possible it would be sweet!!

Comments

• dchristodchristo Posts: 177
    I have used a PDA with PocketPC2002 to browse to the G3 web panels, although the particular JVM I used was very slow... to the point that the panel was unusable. I have not tried cell phones (yet).

I have been successful in serving a Flash app from the master to a PDA. It's a little more work on the programming end, but works very nice.

--D
  • kennyannkennyann Posts: 113
    Do you mind putting out your flash program for others to try and test how well it can work. We all might be able to give feedback and improve the code.
  • This week I made a test program in PHP to connect to a NI master and control the master. It works perfect ! Maybee you can browse to a website without JVM and control the master !
    Ramon:

Do you mind giving out your PHP file. I would like to know how you went about doing it. I really do appreciate it your help.

Kenny A
  • Here is the PHP file. The only dis advantge is that you have to reload the PHP site to send and retrieve information between NI and Website. Maybee someone else got better idea;s ??

On the NI sidde you have to use IP_SERVER_OPEN();
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Set up a CRON job to load your php script periodically.
  • Yeah I heard about it but do you have to refresh you're site with the CRON job ??
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    No, a genuine CRON module running on the server doesn't need any outside trigger, it's a self-contained daemon. If you are using an ISP for your hosting though, it's unlikely they will give you CRON because of the potential for huge server load across hundreds of users on virtual servers. What you are thinking of is a "fake" CRON script that updates a time stamp when it is loaded, then compares that to the last update to determine how much time has passed. It will then will run a CRON-type job based on settings and elapsed time. The "fake" CRON needs a refresh periodically to make sure the job runs, and is usually imbedded in an image tag or hidden frame.
  • ok thanks
  • dchristodchristo Posts: 177
    Kenny,

I will post my flash code at somepoint, but right now it's not even close to being polished enough to put out there.

--D
    -D

I am looking forward to seeing your code when you post it.

Thank you
    Kenny A