Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

TPD Conversion for MVP

At the moment,
the TPD Conversion from MVP8400 to MVP7500 and viceversa does not copy the Page Flip configuration.

It would be a new smart feature to add in the next TPD4 releases

Fabrizio

Comments

• TPD Conversion for MVP - correct

I am sorry ...

I meant PAGE FLIP Configuration of the External Buttons
  • Just to give some insight, this behavior was intentional. Back in the days of G3 touch panels, most panels that had external buttons had "non-specific" buttons. What I mean by this, is that there were no cursor control buttons like on the MVPs, just a column of buttons on the left of the screen and one on the right. So, when TPDesign4 did panel-to-panel conversion, it simply preserved as many external buttons as were common between the panel types.

The external buttons on G4 panels changed our thinking a little bit, as the first panels to have these were the MVPs and the NXD-CV7. The MVP's have 4 "non-specific" buttons on the left, with no button LEDs; and 5 cursor style buttons on the right. The NXD-CV7 has six "non-specific" buttons, three on either side of the setup/sensor button, and all with LEDs tied to them for feedback purposes. So, as you can see, taking the functions from an MVP's external buttons and assigning them to a NDX-CV7's, or vice-versa, would not make sense. In fact, it would probably require as much work changing the copied settings as it would to just re-setup the external buttons.

All that being said, it is certainly a good suggestion that we recognize that the MVP-8400 and MVP-7500 share the same external button configuration and allow their settings to be carried over on a panel type conversion. We will add it to our TPDesign4 feature request list.