Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

TPDesign 4 Bug

Has anyone else seen this..... If you overwrite the default channels on a Modero Viewpoints External buttons, download the panel, push the buttons, you get a different channel on the push. Sometimes it might be the default channel set or it might be the channels from a completely different page.

Comments

• Can you give a short step-by-step how you are able to produce the problem? Or attach an offending project and tell me what incorrent behavior you're seeing? Thanks.
  • Rob,

From what I can tell, if you overwrite the default channels on external buttons on one page, and you copy that page and rename it, thats where the problem begins. If you reassign the external buttons on the copied page. it doesn't always work. If you look at the function maps, the function numbers will be wrong as well. The only way I see to fix it is never copy pages, but create new pages. Then the function numbers will be inline.

Kerry Myers
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've noticed another minor glitch relating to cut and pasted pages or buttons. Page flips don't always come out properly. Sometimes they are lost altogether, but when you go to restore them, the proper value shows immediately in the pulldown once you select the flip type. I've made it a habit to double check all flips whenever cutting and pasting because of that.
  • Originally posted by DHawthorne
    I've noticed another minor glitch relating to cut and pasted pages or buttons. Page flips don't always come out properly. Sometimes they are lost altogether, but when you go to restore them, the proper value shows immediately in the pulldown once you select the flip type. I've made it a habit to double check all flips whenever cutting and pasting because of that.

Dave, do you see this when pasting pages/buttons within the same panel, or across multiple panels?
  • This problem with hard button assignments has happened to me also but it seems to have occurred on new pages too. The best fix I found was make another new page then copy and paste all the buttons from the old page. Hopefully this is a bug being worked on.

Another problem is when TPD4 looses communication to a system when you are connected and the application is minimized, you get your workspace scrambled?not cool. Does anybody know if this is being addressed?

Thanks,

Robb W
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Originally posted by RWozney
    Another problem is when TPD4 looses communication to a system when you are connected and the application is minimized, you get your workspace scrambled?not cool. Does anybody know if this is being addressed?
    That's a Windows API issue, not an AMX problem. Forward this to Uncle Bill :)