Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

Forum Organization Request

Would it be possible to start adding some forum categories? This forum has really grown over the last few months and there is a lot of good information and advice buried in the ever growing ?Technical? forum. Here are my thoughts as a possible scenario for categories.

Announcements ? This would be a non-reply area reserved strictly for messages from AMX only. It would be nice to be able to subscribe to this so that we members are notified by email when a new announcement is posted.

DUET / Java
Netlinx Studio
TP Design and Panel Builder
IREdit
Programming
Touch Panels
Hardware
Home Automation
General Discussion
Tips ?n? Tricks

Splitting up into categories might also help the AMX folks who are following these threads and supporting us. Anyhow, it?s just an idea I wanted to throw out.

Cheers,
Joe

Comments

• Joe,

I agree, it would be very helpfull to have more categories!
    The amount of posts in the Technical forum is large and the subjects are very different. I hope AMX could create this as soon as possible
  • I third the vote! Finally we have a resource so let's make sure it's usable!
  • Make that 4 votes. The technical forum has grown way to big to easily find a tread that you want to review a second or third time. Just a question to verify, would the cats. you listed be separate or sub-cats of tech?
  • I will say go for it.

This will be a +.
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Originally posted by Thomas Hayes
    Just a question to verify, would the cats. you listed be separate or sub-cats of tech?

It wouldn't much matter to me as long as we can gain access to them all. Whatever works for the administrator and everyone else works for me.

Maybe we should add a Request forum to the list also. :)

Joe
  • Maybe if they put it as a sub cat. for each of the present forums would be nice. I know the tech forums is huge but some of the others are starting to get big as well. Like you said it doesn't really matter to me as long as we have full access to them.
  • Forum Organization Complete!

Hello, forum users! We've broken up the Technical Forum into a handful of categories to make it easier to find and follow-up on threads. Please let us know how you like it!

Thanks,
    Suzanne
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Most excellent! :D

Thanks,
    Joe
  • jeffacojeffaco Posts: 121
    How would one see the prior postings?

It's not clear to me where the prior postings are since the forum reorganization.

I see, in the "title page", all the postings. But when I click on the "old" technical forum, I just see the announcement for the new organization ...

Help! :-)
  • Even though it lists 'NEVER' the moved messages are in their correct forum catagory now. You just kind of got to click through until you find what you're looking for.

Kevin D.
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Most excellent(too quote Joe), Thank you AMX. If only I could organize my schedule this neatly.(You don't offer that yet? Do you?)
  • Gah!! Yeah, the old posts are gone! Where can we find them? I was "saving" a lot of good information in them...
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Hi AMX Hobbyist Guy
    The old technical forms have been migrated to their sub-group within the technical section. They all seem to be there. Check post from shr00m-dew.
  • Ah, I see 'em now. Thanks, Thomas!