Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

TP File password protection

Hi,

Is there a way to open a password protected TP4 file or to remove the password. I am working on a project where I need to open the old TP, But when i am opening that file, its asking for password and we don't have that.

Comments

• Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    prakash wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there a way to open a password protected TP4 file or to remove the password. I am working on a project where I need to open the old TP, But when i am opening that file, its asking for password and we don't have that.

No and yes, as with everything on the computer, if you really want to get in you can. You can open the file and run a brute-force script, considering there isn't a time-out after a few tries it shouldn't take you long. (leave it on overnight and change the password as soon as you're in to no password)
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Can you download the file from the panel itself?
  • prakashprakash Posts: 33
    [USER="1836"]eric[/USER], Yes downloaded the file from the panel, but when opening in TP design its asking for password.
  • flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    prakash wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm going through this situation right now. Were you able to solve this issue?