Home AMX User Forum AMX Resource Management Suite Software
Options

RMS Server domain/name change

Hey all! I recently had to change the domain/name of an RMS Server and Scheduling server. I'm pretty new to this world, so bear with me. When I map the rooms in the scheduling server using the EWS Plugin, they're not updating as mapped. I looked at the logs in RMS and it states: "Date/Time... ERROR, [catalina-exec-6] impl.TrollerManagerImpl [admin ....] - Resource Profile {Room Name} belongs to troller {new server name}, not troller {old server name}. Cannot Update."

How do I fix this??

Oh, by the way, if anyone runs into the problem that their RMS Enterprise Trolling Service won't start in your scheduling server, check to see if FIPS compliance is enabled in your local security policy. It should be set to disabled...

RMS v. 4.3.13
Scheduler v. 4.1.22
EWS Plugin v. 4.1.14

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I know that about any time you have to change any of the parts and pieces in a network that will ultimately change paths of where files are located all hell breaks loose in a SQL database. The places where the files are being pointed back to the old folders can seriously be in the thousands depending upon the size and scope of the database. That is why it is VERY important to not do this.

I don't know this for a fact - but you might want to give AMX a call and see how you'll need to migrate everything. it is entirely possible you are corrupting something under the hood. This same advice goes for moving any SQL server really. It's almost always much easier to mirror the server and rebuild with the new parameters and import the data from the old. But, here again, I'm not saying this is so in your case.
  • Options
    Hi Eric,

Thanks for the insight, but I didn't move the SQL server, only the application servers (the RMS Applications and the Scheduling Server.) SQL server is still the same and everything connect to it properly. I didn't have a choice in the matter of moving the servers. My entire company is the in the process of moving everything to a different domain. We haven't used RMS Enterprise in it's entirety yet. it's still in the infancy stage here along with the scheduling portion.

Thanks again,

Rachael