Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Denon Heos Link?

Has anyone used the Denon Heos Link as an open source replacement for Sonos? Pros/cons?

Comments

• Options
    ValhalaValhala Posts: 1
    Good question. We would like to start with HEOS system control instead of SONOS. Any experiences will help us
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    No, haven't bought one yet. The control API is pretty straight forward but I haven't had the time or the need to write a module for it. Seems everytime I spend a few hundred hours writing a module for a device it becomes obsolete.
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    I'm in the middle of writing a Netlinx module for the HEOS. It actually came with an API, unlike the Sonos, so it hopefully won't end up being a waste of time. We'll see....
    Paul
  • Options
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of writing a Netlinx module for the HEOS. It actually came with an API, unlike the Sonos, so it hopefully won't end up being a waste of time. We'll see....
    Paul
    Paul, have you ever finished this? I'm on the fence about specifying AMX in a bid I'm working on but I want to use Heos or possibly Sonos but apparently AMX is the only company that doesn't supply a modules to their dealers for either and I'm at the point where I won't write one myself. Supposedly RocketGUI has a mod for $500 but I'm sure that's only available in tko form so future support hinges on them staying in the AMX game and I won't bank on that.

I know it's probably a waste of time even considering AMX but I have a hard time letting go so I'll at least see if it's possible, crunch the numbers and see how much less my other option will be. If I assume the RocketGUI cost and iPad / phone licenses just that makes AMX $2k+ more.
  • Options
    Hi Paul

Have you finished the Denon Heos Mod yet as i am thinking of using this in a job and not sure if its worth doing.
    Is there any problems you have encountered ?

Many Thanks .
  • Options
    Hi Paul

Have you finished the Denon Heos Mod yet as i am thinking of using this in a job and not sure if its worth doing.
    Is there any problems you have encountered ?

Many Thanks .
    I would investigate the RockeGui module, I have no experience with it myself but it looks promising.

https://www.rocketgui.com/?TotalMusicHeosAMX