Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

TP4 file password

OK guys, I have a very old project that the TP4 file is password protected and I need to do some changes to it. For the life of me I can't remember the password, neither I can't find it written on any of my notes related to the project. Is here a way to retrieved this?
I just changed the file extension to txt , opened it on Notepad and going line by line to see if I can find it that way, but is a real pain and I'm not even sure that this will work.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    So far no luck with this.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    perhaps you can go one layer down and try to create a new file and use the header of the new file to overwrite the old file header sans password and thus make a new TP file based on the old one's data.
  • flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    ericmedley wrote: »
    perhaps you can go one layer down and try to create a new file and use the header of the new file to overwrite the old file header sans password and thus make a new TP file based on the old one's data.
    Eric, thanks for your input.
    I'm not quite understanding what you areproposing. Could you please elaborate a little bit more.
    If you want you can do it offline, by private message or e-mail me at flcusat@gmail.com.

Thanks.