Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware Matrix Distributed Audio
Options

Migrate to Precis DSP 1818 with Alero AMP8

hello every one,
I want to replace my MI0808 audio controller (master and expander) by Precis DSP 1818 with 2 Alero AMP8
I have to change the audio module anyone can help me about the prog? an example will be fine
thanx in advance

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Here's the manual. It's really easy.
  • Options
    for some reason the attachment didn't upload. I posted a message to you in your profile with the .pdf attached. That seemed to work okay. If not, I can email it to you.
  • Options
    and here's the section of the manual you'll need to make the switch command.
    A switch is an active connection between an input (source) signal and one or more output (destination)
    devices. The signals connected in a switch command are either individual signals or groups of signals
    coming through the connectors on the rear of the enclosure. When executing a switch, you must specify
    a level that contains all the signals you want to route (or the switch will execute on the default level,
    normally 0). Levels are determined in the configuration definition that has been loaded onto each CPU in
    the system.
    A switch command string begins with the character "C" which initiates a Change command for routing a
    switch. The characters and numbers that follow the "C" command tell the system which inputs and
    outputs to connect on which level. The last character is the Take "T" command which tells the system to
    execute the command.
    For example, the command string CL0I102O39T can be interpreted as follows:
    [C] Change on [L0] Level 0, [I1] Input 1 to [O3]Output 3, [T] Take to execute the command.

and for volume...
    To increase an output?s volume by a step:
    1. Enter the Volume Increment command below. Replace the ?#?s with the level and output
    number(s).
    CL#O#VS+T
    To decrease an output?s volume by a step:
    1. Enter the Volume Decrement command below. Replace the ?#?s with the level and output
    number(s).
    CL#O#VS-T

To mute an output:
    1. Enter the Volume Mute command below. Replace the ?#?s with the level and output number(s).
    CL#O#VMT
    Removing Mute
    Un-mute returns an output to its previous un-muted volume level. (Entering any other Volume command
    for that output will also un-mute the signal).
    To un-mute an output:
    1. Enter the Volume
  • Options
    Hi,thanx a lot
    sorry, I have not mentioned that the Precis DSP 1818 will be controlled by an NI2100
    I'm new in programming and I want to know if the statement I / O is the same as the MI0808 to know that I have 7 inputs and 11 outputs zones (2 speakers in each zone )
    thank u again
  • Options
    Hi,thanx a lot
    sorry, I have not mentioned that the Precis DSP 1818 will be controlled by an NI2100
    I'm new in programming and I want to know if the statement I / O is the same as the MI0808 to know that I have 7 inputs and 11 outputs zones (2 speakers in each zone )
    thank u again

I'm having trouble understanding the question. If the MIO808 you mention is a keypad - then that is the user interface. (the thing the client uses to control the system) The NI-2100 is the controller/processor where the programming resides. The Precis switcher/dsp will connect to the NI-2100 with a standard serial cable (rs232) into one of the NI's 3 serial ports.

Once you have all that hooked up and tested, you'll need to write the code to enable the user to operate the audio system. If there was some code before that worked with a different system then it may be as simple as modifying the code to work with the new switch. If not, then you'll need to craft some code yourself.

If you're asking one of us to do it for you then you can work out an arrangement with one of the forum members where they can write it for you and you can pay them for their time. All of us on the forum do this for a living. I, for example, am an independent programmer. There are many independents on the forum as well as integration employees who'd be happy to help out.

If you're wanting to learn how to code yourself (I highly recommend you do this - it's a lot of fun) I'd highly recommend contacting your AMX sales rep or your integration firm's boss to send you to the AMX classes on programming. It is time well spent and you'll learn a lot that will get you started.
    Cheers!
    Eric