Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

SEND_COMMAND Feedback for Solecis SDX510M?

We've been deploying Massio systems with SDX510 switchers, and it's been working pretty well. But we also want to control these units from regular NX/NI controllers running our own code. The problem I've run into is that the SEND_COMMAND function never returns anything, even with a query. It acts on commands sent to it, but I can telnet into the switch, do a
send_command 5201:1:0, "'?VIDIN_AUTO_SELECT'"
...and I get nothing returned. Documentation claims there should be a response.

To control these with my own code, I'd like some feedback. I can't find any "Verbose" settings to change to get feedback from the switch.

Anyone know how to get feedback from these things?

Thanks,

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Where are you looking for the feedback? Are you trapping for feedback in the COMMAND: handler of the DATA_EVENT of the device?
    the manual wrote:
    Requests setting for the Auto Select mode for the video input signal on the switcher.
    Syntax:
    SEND_COMMAND <DEV>, "'?VIDIN_AUTO_SELECT'"
    Example:
    SEND_COMMAND VIDEO_INPUT_1,"'?VIDIN_AUTO_SELECT'"
    Returns a COMMAND string of the form: VIDIN_AUTO_SELECT-<status>.
  • I haven't tried that yet, this is via a direct telnet session into the switch. Does it just not show up there, it only shows up in the COMMAND handler in a controller device?
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    Where are you looking for the feedback? Are you trapping for feedback in the COMMAND: handler of the DATA_EVENT of the device?
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I haven't tried that yet, this is via a direct telnet session into the switch. Does it just not show up there, it only shows up in the COMMAND handler in a controller device?

I have no experience with the product, just going by what the manual says. Aside from code, feedback should also show up in Notifications in Netlinx Studio. Don?t know about telnet.
  • GregGGregG Posts: 251
    I haven't tried that yet, this is via a direct telnet session into the switch. Does it just not show up there, it only shows up in the COMMAND handler in a controller device?

True, the replies to send_commands in telnet will only return in data_events as data.text. I find it helpful when debugging/testing to add a section like this:
    Data_Event[dvDeviceBeingTested]
    {
      String: Send_String 0,"'String reply from dvDeviceBeingTested: ',data.text"
      Command: Send_String 0,"'Command reply from dvDeviceBeingTested: ',data.text"
    }