Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Sony Plasmas - RS232

I am wondering if anyone has come up with a way to control Plasmas through RS232 control?

Comments

• I have done it for years. Do you have the protocol manual for your unit? You'll probably need it because Sony seems to change it when new models come out. I have protocol manuals for quite a few of their pro units.

You need the proper baud rate and bit config, then send_string the info contained in the manual. You will need to calculate a checksum as specified in the manual for the string you are sending.

That's a basic overview. Unfortunately, I don't know what programming level you have attained as regards to sending serial strings!

Let me know if or how I can help!

Tom
  • kennyannkennyann Posts: 113
    Dear Tom:

Thank for replying to my thread. How did you get a protocol manual. I called Sony and they would not give me the protocols.

I am ACE certified programmer and I understand the checksum - I do not like to that but I have the ability to do so.

Thank you
    Kenny A
    Dear Tom:

I just wanted to make sure you understood that I was asking for the Plasma's RS232 protocols.

Thank you
    Kenny A
  • FrankieFrankie Posts: 71
    what is the model number of the plasma?
    I have PFM 42 V1 and FWD-50PX1 plasmas.
  • Kenny,

I get our Sony manuals from their POSSE <sp?> division at 1-800-883-6817. Use options 2 and then 6 if they haven't changed.

If you have some code you need real quick, let me know and I'll send you the "send_string"s. Power on-off, input select are most of what we use, and don't go crazy with "everything" that is controllable. I believe all functions of the plasma are controllable either by IR, Serial or SIRCS.

Regards,

Tom
    314-647-0009 ext 12