Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

ENOVA DGX 32 _ FG1060-32 why we cant control audio

I can't get it why we cant control audio( Vol+,Vol-,Mute, Unmute ) for DGX outputs
BCS commands for audio not working I know this line of product has audio and video on the same stream but that is really strange.
any Idea

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Are you referring to controlling the volume of an HDMI stream? That is not part of the HDMI spec and would cause serious gain stage issues for a system. If you're talking about the audio portion - that is controllable. The commands for volume up/down/mute are in the manual and pretty simple.
  • No Not HDMI,Audio extraction card
    I Tried
    'CL0O9VS+T
    'CL0O9VS-T
    'CL0O9VMT'
    'CL0O9VUT'
    'SL0O9VT'"
    with no succces or feedback
    msfayad wrote: »
    No Not HDMI,Audio extraction card
    I Tried
    'CL0O9VS+T
    'CL0O9VS-T
    'CL0O9VMT'
    'CL0O9VUT'
    'SL0O9VT'"
    with no succces or feedback

This is from the BCS manual.
    Increment/Decrement Method The Increment/Decrement Method increases or decreases the volume of an output by a step. You may need to repeat the command to hear an audible difference. To increase an output?s volume by a step: 1. Enter the Volume Increment command below. Replace the ?#?s with the level and output number(s). CL#O#VS+T To decrease an output?s volume by a step: 1. Enter the Volume Decrement command below. Replace the ?#?s with the level and output number(s). CL#O#VS-T Volume Increment and Decrement Examples Note: If the decibel level requested is outside the range for the selected output, the system will respond with an ?X? indicating an invalid value was requested (for a specific audio board?s volume adjustment range, see the board?s documentaion).

CL0O3VS+T Increases volume a step for Output 3 on Level 0
    CL0O4 8VS-T Decreases volume a step for Outputs 4 and 8 on Level 0

You are not alone in struggling with the manual for the integrated switchers (DVX / DGX) the manuals are convoluted and seemingly mixed up. I really wish they'd just make one big manual with everything in it. That way you wouldn't have to deal with trying to find which PDF file you need. For example: on the AIE card, the DGX/ NX series manual references its BCS commands by saying to get them from the devices manual. I've looked at everything to do with AIE or any audio card for that matter and there is nothing referrencing volume or commands.
  • So in conclusion you are telling me that:
    There is no audio level control capability for DGX outputs.
    So in conclusion you are telling me that:
    There is no audio level control capability for DGX outputs.
    No, I cannot find the manual for the card that has the protocol.
  • msfayadmsfayad Posts: 18
    there is no such a manual I have downloaded all the AIE card manuals nothing points to any audio out level control
    there is no such a manual I have downloaded all the AIE card manuals nothing points to any audio out level control

You may well be correct on that. I could not find one. I'd give the folks at Tech Support a call and ask what's up with it.

Ina ll the cases where I've done a system with the audio break out cards there was a separate DSP routing audio. I checked all the code I have for the DGX and didn't find the command. I'm betting there is one but the manual is lost in the website shuffle that is AMX.
  • There is now 2 different types of Audio cards available http://www.amx.com/products/DGX-AIE.asp FG1058-075 which simply extracts or inserts PCM audio streams as analogue from the associated video input/output and the newer http://www.amx.com/products/DGX3200-ASB.asp FG1061-732 which brings into the DGX platform a similar set of audio DSP tools as the DVX frames.

With you referring to the FG1060-32, you are talking about the DGX32 (not the DGX100 series) which does not support the newer cards.
  • Sorry, i also wrote that in a bit of a rush last night, you should also be aware already from the DGX docs that you actually have no discrete control of the DGX-AIE as it only exposes the PCM stream of the embedded audio feeds. It also cannot do anything with audio streams that are not 2 channel PCM such as DTS.

The recommended solution if you want to have audio breakaway is to reserve a single matrix output for the audio switched as required in code. This unfortunately makes it hard to utilise manual control off the front panel where it adds a chance for a user to forget to switch the audio correctly or send the wrong source.

In the DGX32, as you can only install one card for each of the input and output you only get access to the first 16 channels of each, inputs & outputs 17-32 have no access via the AIE card. for the other size frames (8 & 16) you get access to all audio feeds and the DGX64 has access to the first 32 inputs & outputs.
    we are just talking about changing the audio level of that output for example If we reserved output #1 for external spks which works with a passive amplifier you can not change gain or mute of that audiout
    we are just talking about changing the audio level of that output for example If we reserved output #1 for external spks which works with a passive amplifier you can not change gain or mute of that audiout

I'd call tech support.
  • msfayad wrote: »

If you take a look through the manuals you will see that there is actually no audio control at all on the standard AIE cards that you have there. DSP style controls of the audio signals was only revealed to us last year at the AU Dev Conference in the DGX100 range - I tried to get an answer on whether it could be possible to bring the features into the DGX8/16/32 range but not without changing nearly everything!!!

You need to be aware that there is now 3 different platforms within the DGX range -

FG1058 - DGX8/16/32 with a NI processor (Standard AIE cards only)
    FG1060 - DGX8/16/32/64 the previous version frame with a NX processor card (Standard AIE cards only)
    FG1061 - DGX800/1600/3200/6400 This version takes both the standard AIE card as well as the ASB card that includes a DSP which can do what you are asking for.
    pdabrowski wrote: »

If you take a look through the manuals you will see that there is actually no audio control at all on the standard AIE cards that you have there. DSP style controls of the audio signals was only revealed to us last year at the AU Dev Conference in the DGX100 range - I tried to get an answer on whether it could be possible to bring the features into the DGX8/16/32 range but not without changing nearly everything!!!

You need to be aware that there is now 3 different platforms within the DGX range -

FG1058 - DGX8/16/32 with a NI processor (Standard AIE cards only)
    FG1060 - DGX8/16/32/64 the previous version frame with a NX processor card (Standard AIE cards only)
    FG1061 - DGX800/1600/3200/6400 This version takes both the standard AIE card as well as the ASB card that includes a DSP which can do what you are asking for.
    you are absolutely right thanks for your replies the only solution for anyone who require that level control is to put a small external DSP.