Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Weather API

Greetings,

I have been using Yahoo! Weather's service for a while now. Lately their weather service has been having issues. Considering that Yahoo! may go belly-to-the-sun sometime soon, I doubt their weather service will stick around.

Does anyone know of some other weather weather services with a simple, open API?

Thanks.

Comments

• I'm using this in our office: http://openweathermap.org/
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I'm still using RSSWeather.com. The module should be posted on the modpedia forum.
  • I currently use yahoo (Crestron) in my own house with no problems but it's not really something I check everyday/week. NOAA is path I would go if having problems with yahoo...
  • Wow, C R E S T R O N is all ******'s? Thought this was a pro site...
  • Just to be clear, I AM NO (********) FAN BOY!...
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    jrw_96 wrote: »
    Wow, C R E S T R O N is all ******'s? Thought this was a pro site...
    Yeah it is annoying and childish the way this forum censors some words. I once was kick off this forum for saying something vaguely suggestive. Of course I also once got kicked off the Gibson forum once on a thread discussion the origin of blues, someone posted an picture that was objectionable to a few bleeding heart and I responded it had historical context and posted a link to Billy Holiday's "Strange Fruit" to illustrate it's importance relevant to the subject and poof I was banned. You can't have intelligent discussions these days.
  • I haven't tried using it myself, but Weather Underground is becoming a bit of a darling for app writers etc, plus for us Aussies it is the closest to our local Bureau of Meteorology - Yahoo has never been reliable at all.
    I only know about this one because one of the watchfaces I use on my Pebble pulls the data from wunderground and I had to sign up for a free API key to activate the service.

http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/docs