Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Netlinx NI-4100 Stuck Hangs

Sir,

We have a Netlinx Ni-4100 links to axcent 3

It was working normally and now it hangs/stuck after few hours and when i restart its power its normal working but few hours after its get stuck hangs with flashing Axlink Status with Input Output if i will restart it it will work normal

Please let me know the solution

I have also disconnected all link ports from Netlinx but the status is same as indvidually

also i have replaced the battery Timekeeper and Upgraded the firmware

Please let me know the issue
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Time for repair or replace.
    If the software hasn't changed, but the device acts differently, it's hardware.
    To be certain, reload the NI with some other code known to be stable and run a while.
    Meanwhile, take the code that is halting and put it in another NI to test it.

Troubleshooting 101 - cut the system in half, see which side still has the problem. Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Options
    John Nagy wrote: »
    Troubleshooting 101 - cut the system in half, see which side still has the problem. Lather, rinse, repeat.

True dat! I often tell people the only reason I'm a good troubleshooter is because I have a very high tolerance for, "Well, that didn't work, let's try THIS."
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    "Well, that didn't work, let's try THIS."

And fer heavens sake, try one thing at a time and TEST AGAIN. Too often I am supporting dealers who list the 6 things they did between tests hoping that one worked and now with a different problem that might be any of 6 places.