Home AMX User Forum MODPEDIA - The Public Repository of Modules for Everyone

QNAP and WesternDigital servers

Does anyone know or have a module to control a multimedia content from a QNap server and also from a WesternDigital server? my client wants to search o view all the content on a TPcontrol amx desing on several ipads. The nativa App from Qnap and WD are perfect, but the client prefers to integrate the control on the amx design.

If not, anyone knows a multimedia server with a amx module visualization to remplace both multimedia servers?

Thankyou very much

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    You can run a Logitech Media Server on QNap that's conttollable via AMX.

iPeng and SqueezeControl apps work well with TPControl too.
  • nicolaunicolau Posts: 40
    For audio (music and music stream) you can have an Autonomic MMS server.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    nicolau wrote: »
    For audio (music and music stream) you can have an Autonomic MMS server.

One thing to bear in mind if you go with the Autonomics is that there is a known issue that I don't see any hope of them fixing in the future. It has to do with the metadata reporting from the unit when streaming media. It works fine on their web-based GUI but the control side you do not get any info when the songs change such as cover art, song title, length, etc...

It seems you get the initial stuff when you start the stream. but once going, it stops reporting the song init data. The upshot of this is your TP GUI will appear to be stuck on whatever song you started with. All the controls work and it plays and all that. It's just your UI looks broken. Sometimes stopping and restarting the stream will re-sync the GUI but not always.

I spoke with their engineers quite a few times on the issue and I'm getting the distinct impression that it's just not a priority with them. "Their side of the box works fine" They acknowledge the issue but I'm guess we control folks are just not a big enough slice of their pie to worry about.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    ericmedley wrote: »

One thing to bear in mind if you go with the Autonomics is that there is a known issue that I don't see any hope of them fixing in the future. It has to do with the metadata reporting from the unit when streaming media. It works fine on their web-based GUI but the control side you do not get any info when the songs change such as cover art, song title, length, etc...

It seems you get the initial stuff when you start the stream. but once going, it stops reporting the song init data. The upshot of this is your TP GUI will appear to be stuck on whatever song you started with. All the controls work and it plays and all that. It's just your UI looks broken. Sometimes stopping and restarting the stream will re-sync the GUI but not always.

I spoke with their engineers quite a few times on the issue and I'm getting the distinct impression that it's just not a priority with them. "Their side of the box works fine" They acknowledge the issue but I'm guess we control folks are just not a big enough slice of their pie to worry about.

Is that a limitation of their AMX module or their 3rd party control api.
    vining wrote: »

Is that a limitation of their AMX module or their 3rd party control api.

It's a known issue with the Autonomics device itself. Otherwise, it works just fine. Like I said, it's only an issue if you plan on showing metadata and graphics on your TPs. If you're just controlling it it's not an issue.

My personal opinion is that it looks bad to the customer when the display is janky.
  • nicolaunicolau Posts: 40
    Dear Eric, you realize that issues when streaming from Autonomic using what service? My personal experience when streaming from Spotify, it works fine. All Metadata info update accordingly on a panel without a problem. When listening to Tunein stations, as far as I remember the cover art and the song name appear ok (depending on the radio station) but not the music length, since it is a radio, it shows only the total time playing that station.
    nicolau wrote: »
    Dear Eric, you realize that issues when streaming from Autonomic using what service? My personal experience when streaming from Spotify, it works fine. All Metadata info update accordingly on a panel without a problem. When listening to Tunein stations, as far as I remember the cover art and the song name appear ok (depending on the radio station) but not the music length, since it is a radio, it shows only the total time playing that station.

It wasn't Spotfy so much. Mainly Rhapsody.